Female marines
Create Post

Thread: Female marines

Question Female marines

I'm trying to decide on an MOS and looking for some advice. I was wondering what type of jobs I can do thats not behind a desk? I wanna do something thats interesting and can maybe get me a little combat. Yes I know females can't have any MOS involving combat but I know there's some jobs that can get you close. Any ideas? Thank You

1. Good for changing your name
    2. You can't comprehend simple instructions, fill out your profile.
    3. You didn't get an answer on the last thread you made, or are you just trying to recieve attention?

The point was to get answers because thats all i'm asking for is some advice hoping somebody out there will give me some
    Quote Originally Posted by martinj View Post
    1. Good for changing your name
    2. You can't comprehend simple instructions, fill out your profile.
    3. You didn't get an answer on the last thread you made, or are you just trying to recieve attention?

Thanks for filling out your profile. Good on ya. And for being a good sport about it.

Now, as far as 'gettin some'.... (Combat)....

Intelligence.
    Signals/Comm
    Landing Support (Shore party)
    Motor T (don't laugh...)

No doubt you'll catch some crap over your post, but I'm going to allow it (not the Crap...the post) as there might be something worthwhile to come of it.

That having been said, the first Marine who decides to chime in with non constructive advice will be barred from the 'Ask a Marine' forums (not Leatherneck) forever.

I'm growing weary of posts that do nothing to add to the question/discussion at hand and are unwarranted attacks on questions being honestly asked. If you cannot add something CONSTRUCTIVE to the question, then just let it be.

Thank you for the advice sir
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Thanks for filling out your profile. Good on ya. And for being a good sport about it.

Now, as far as 'gettin some'.... (Combat)....

Intelligence.
    Signals/Comm
    Landing Support (Shore party)
    Motor T (don't laugh...)

No doubt you'll catch some crap over your post, but I'm going to allow it (not the Crap...the post) as there might be something worthwhile to come of it.

That having been said, the first Marine who decides to chime in with non constructive advice will be barred from the 'Ask a Marine' forums (not Leatherneck) forever.

I'm growing weary of posts that do nothing to add to the question/discussion at hand and are unwarranted attacks on questions being honestly asked. If you cannot add something CONSTRUCTIVE to the question, then just let it be.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Ordnance/EOD?

I just saw a message (MarAdmin, I think) where they are going to start letting WM's lat move into CounterIntel, effective NOW. Granted, can't enlist for it but going to become a reality sooner rather than later.

Like I said last time.

Combat engineer. They blow **** up!

Yes I'd say counter intelligence, the human intel folks are generally attached to line companies and often go on a great deal of patrols or ops around an AO. At least the ones I experienced in my area. Think its prereqs are corporal+ which is easily obtainable within 4 years on avg, 2 meritoriously.

Your best bet would be Motor T or Engineer, I don't know if you can be a combat engineer since you're a female.
    But it's not for sure that you'll see sh!t, it all depends on what type of unit you go to where you deploy to and what you do on the deployment.
    But the two I said are your best bet.

Credits
    Savings
    I had a female truck driver (tractor-trailer)
    who could handle that rig like you wouldnt believe
    all 5 ' and 100 lbs of her.
    more times than I can count the two of us were "out there" delivering
    ordinance somewhere.
    Tough Marine

You can go as a combat engineer if you are female. I knew a female Sgt who was a combat engineer. Be weary of the MOS though a lot of people go into that field thinking Combat Engineer and end up being a refrigeration mech. Counter Intel is another good MOS to look into but you have to be an NCO and have a spotless record. I know someone who just lat moved out of intel to that and he said they were questioning him about everything. Like I said last time Combat Camera is a good place to look into to. Most of the footage you see on the news on the war is from ComCam and it transfers great into the civilian sector which is something you need to look into as well, your future. You might think you will spend 20 years in when in reality you might do just your 4. If you deciede to get out why not do something that will help you out as a civilian. But MotorT Combat Engineer and Comm are good bets as well. And consider you can always try out for a Lioness team.

try reading this sounds like something you might try after you get in
    http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...nistan_081409/

Thread Information