Going to Boot Camp with a High and Tight
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going to Boot Camp with a High and Tight

I have thick, curly hair and I like to keep it neat with a high and tight haircut. I was going to try and grow it out a bit before boot camp because I don't want to draw any negative attention to myself by having a "Marine" haircut and stuff before I earned the title, sort of like wearing a Marines shirt to boot camp or something.

How much crap am I going to get if I just go to receiving with a high and tight? I think they buzz it all right away anyway but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

It's not that big a deal. You all will get shaved to the skin within an hour of being there anyways so I wouldn't worry about it. If that's how you normally keep your hair, then I wouldn't change it.

shave your head before and you dont have to get a cut

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your haircut doesn't make you a poser. Don't worry about it. It might be better not to shave your head, though. Haircut harassment doesn't last very long, anyway.

I'm just going to ask this, why the he!l do you have a high and tight as a cicilian?!?!? It is probably the ugliest thing anyone can do to their hair.
    Do you not like the female?

I made the mistake of not shaving my head before I left and totally ****ing regretted it. Not only did I suffer through the feeling of getting your head shaved with a cheese grater, but it felt like every hair on my head was being ripped out while being shaved with a cheese grater. That was the worst part about boot camp imo. The rest of it was a breeze compared to that.

Well, that is until a DI decided to kick me in the side of my thigh with boots on and it felt like my leg broke and I couldn't stand for about 10 minutes. But that went away the next day, my head hurt for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    I'm just going to ask this, why the he!l do you have a high and tight as a cicilian?!?!? It is probably the ugliest thing anyone can do to their hair.
    Some people have heads that look better with a high and tight or a fade.

Don't hate the player, hate the grape.

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post

hahahahahahah lmfao!

hey I went in with a high and tight( it was tighter than my highschool GF thats fo sho!) but I was also in the Young Marines so I was about as motard as they came. I didnt get any **** for it. Some kids came bald already and the receiving DI made those turds bic their head dry. That was kick ass

Quote Originally Posted by Enlisted View Post
    I have thick, curly hair and I like to keep it neat with a high and tight haircut. I was going to try and grow it out a bit before boot camp because I don't want to draw any negative attention to myself by having a "Marine" haircut and stuff before I earned the title, sort of like wearing a Marines shirt to boot camp or something.

How much crap am I going to get if I just go to receiving with a high and tight? I think they buzz it all right away anyway but I'm not sure.

Thanks.
    Go in with brass balls wearing a Marine Corps t-shirt, the DI's will welcome you with open arms.

I think you should grow out a jew fro.

Shave it down close, right to the quick. Wear a cheap ball cap for vanity if you must, then leave it on the bus

Who cares, its going to get whacked off your first couple hours there anyway. Hell I grew mine out like a hippie before I shipped out. Figured it would be the last time I could grow it out for a while.

Had mine with about 1/2 " all the way around when I got there. Got shaved anyway but didn't care.

As someone else said, it's not going to matter that much overall.

Haha the reason I like the high and tight is because when my hair gets longer than a like a 3 clip it gets all dry and nasty looking and feeling, especially on the sides and back because it's all tight curls. And yes I like women lmao.

But it sounds like it won't be a big deal so I'll continue to go for it. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by indygti View Post
    I made the mistake of not shaving my head before I left and totally ****ing regretted it. Not only did I suffer through the feeling of getting your head shaved with a cheese grater, but it felt like every hair on my head was being ripped out while being shaved with a cheese grater. That was the worst part about boot camp imo. The rest of it was a breeze compared to that.

Well, that is until a DI decided to kick me in the side of my thigh with boots on and it felt like my leg broke and I couldn't stand for about 10 minutes. But that went away the next day, my head hurt for a week.

That must of changed because the cut I got that night was the best one I got the whole time we were there. I didn't feel a thing. Now the Pendleton chicks, they freaking KILL... A guy that was in my group for flying and ended up being one of my best friends had a high and tight and also bought a Pink Sweatshirt at the Airport just to see how much they would **** with him. Didn't recieve much flack at all, do what you want, like all the Marines said, within the first hour its gone and they already forgot who you are.

Thread Information