Female Marine
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Female Marine

Question Female Marine

Hey i'm joining next year in the dep program now and I have no idea on an mos but I don't wanna just get stuck with some desk job or a fill spot. does anyone have any ideas on what I can go into to get in on the action i know females can't do combat but what else is there to do that comes close or helps out with the war?

Motor T, Comm...
    Waiting on someone to say something abou the name lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    Motor T, Comm...
    Waiting on someone to say something abou the name lol...
    Someone will be all over it, guaranteed.

I got it. So I guess you made it through bootcamp there GI Jane. It's ok one day you will reach full wook status.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineChick2012 View Post
    but I don't wanna
    Know your role.

I do know my role and i know i can't do combat so dont get all defensive i'm just not joining the marine corps to sit behind a desk or push papers

You're picture is retarded, first off.

Second, theres a slim chance you will get the MOS you "want". Unless your recruiter is Jesus walking on water, the best he or she can do is give you a contract for a specific type of MOS. So pick a few, and don't believe everything they tell you. Stay motivated, stay focused and do whatever you can to prepare yourself. This forum is a good place to start learning. I was a poolee for 7 months before going to bootcamp. Now I'm just like all the other Marines here, Family. Remember that, because someone telling you to know your place might seem harsh now, but you'll understand its a daily task once you become a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdawg View Post
    You're picture is retarded, first off.

Second, theres a slim chance you will get the MOS you "want". Unless your recruiter is Jesus walking on water, the best he or she can do is give you a contract for a specific type of MOS. So pick a few, and don't believe everything they tell you. Stay motivated, stay focused and do whatever you can to prepare yourself. This forum is a good place to start learning. I was a poolee for 7 months before going to bootcamp. Now I'm just like all the other Marines here, Family. Remember that, because someone telling you to know your place might seem harsh now, but you'll understand its a daily task once you become a Marine.
    i know i need a few thats why i'm asking and everyone sayin know your role is only getting old because im not asking for combat just advice where im not sittin behind a desk and thx for your advice it helps

lmao at underdawg.........

This is a really good way to at least begin to understand what its like to think like a Marine.... Start implementing the 14 Leadership Traits into your every day life. This is the clearest, easiest to understand version I found, and trust me I looked.

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/...hip_traits.htm

As far as MOS go, Motor T, Combat Camera (sometimes), MP & K-9 Handler (you have to lat move to K-9 handler), Combat Engineer, Intel (sometimes), if you want to go to college or join ROTC then you could fly some pretty cool aircraft IN combat, most supply MOS's will go on convoys with the gear they tally, so theres a combat risk in that. I'm an Ammo Tech, so I'm around ammo all the freakin time, lots of risk lol. Also, the Marines doing your pay and distributing your mail, are still Marines, and make the same paycheck as you. So if theres something you like to do or are good at, just stick with it, because you'll excel and learn alot more (for free). I have a friend who loved working on cars, and he gets to take apart trucks and fix them now, he loves it.

MarineChick.........counting your eggs before they're hatched on the username, huh!

Young lady, if you can't handle a bit of criticism on the internet, then you won't be able to handle it in boot camp.

Don't knock down the Marines who are 'paper pushers' or those 'sitting behind a desk'. EVERY MOS in the Marine Corps is very important!
    If you want to know what MOS is best suited for you, then start doing some research on Marine Corps MOS's.

And try capitalizing Marine Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineChick2012 View Post
    i know i can't
    You do not know what you CAN"T do until you have tried and failed.

Your role, is to do what the Corps wants with you, be that a paper pusher or a Lioness. You "could" get combat time in any number of MOS's. Some have been mentioned. You might not be kicking doors, azzes, and taking names. But if you do your job well, and therefore are respected by your peers, then you might find a way to make your "goal" come true.

http://www.us*************/3806/fema...rains-marines/

Learn the Fleet Marine Force corps values
    1. Lie
    2. Cheat
    3. Steal

Now say aye Lance Corporal

Thread Information