Combat Action Requirements - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Technically....yes. It used to be more common 'back in the day' but I have seen such a thing.

One would think that issue would be solved nowadays.....but perhaps...not.

Heh, my platoon commander in 06 blanketed the entire platoon with a CAR for a firefight that my section got into.

So 76 Marines got a CAR for the actions of 15. Gotta love ribbon chasers. Turns out he did it for our mechanics and radio guys because they never left the wire and were *****ing about not being able to get their own.

I know a unit currently in-country that is getting CARs for friendly fire that went over top of their PB while they hunkered down in the COC. Hooah! The same exact award another kid got for shooting a dude who was about to take a shot at a helicopter.

Yeah, I know a dude who has a NAVCOM with V and no CAR....but that's because there was a technical issue with the CAR paperwork. He was submitted for it, but it couldn't be approved because of some stupid detail....something like it wasn't reported in a SIGACT or something.

Yup. As I said, while scarce, they did exist, mostly at the Bronze Star (w/V) level for officers, who got the 'combat distinguishing device' but no CAR for meritorous paperwork in a combat 'zone'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Technically....yes. It used to be more common 'back in the day' but I have seen such a thing.

One would think that issue would be solved nowadays.....but perhaps...not.
    He would have been getting the ribbon with combat v from the Army, while the Corps is the deciding factor on the CAR. Because the admin were a bunch of lazy, jealous jarheads, he wasn't getting his CAR, but he was pretty close to getting an Army Achievement for attempting to save the life of a soldier during a rocket attack. He was glad he didn't get it though... the attempt wasn't successful and I know it bugs him to this day.

Last edited by Hotel4341; 07-28-11 at 08:29 PM. Reason: thought quoted post was last one

Credits
    Savings
    Let charlie over run your compound and fight him for 5 days at close quarters then you get a CAR. Do you think you meet those qualifications.

Credits
    Savings
    Who the Fu*k really cares after almost a half a century?

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I remember telling my Dad that,he even had jap teeth ,sword,photos. he told me every invasion he was involved in, over and over ,has it been half a century already, cant believe how fast time goes, still seem like yesterday to me, i finally get what my Dad was trying to say,

Thread Information