Marine Corps hymn - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the post cokykiesaol, I pass out a copy
    of The Marine Hymn to everyone
    at our Marine Birthday party every year.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Thumbs up A little known fact !

Use to sing this when I was a youngster back in elementary school along with the Army and Navy's in public school !

Was later forced to sing it while at boot camp as a young man .

It's funny that as a young man enterring those early years of the later part of my life , I remember those times so long ago and now sing it to myself !

Am glad to have the correct words now !

Thanks for this thread , 2568387 USMC ( Carpshooter )

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I'll never forget, at ITR in 68, while humping those God forsaken hills. In the dark, pouring down rain, we would sing the Marine Corps Hymn. It kind of made you feel immortal.

Credits
    Savings
    I like the "you will find their wifes are sleeping with United States Marines" version better.

I don't remember who said it first but have you noticed our anthem is the only service song that talks about fighting, The Navy plays with anchors, the air farce with the wild blue yonder and the army with their cassions. Only ours is about what we are about---fighting. Love it.

I also have a newspaper copy dated 11/8/1942. It states, The Marine's Hymn and was copyrighted in 1929 by the U.S. Marine Corps.

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    I'll never forget, at ITR in 68, while humping those God forsaken hills. In the dark, pouring down rain, we would sing the Marine Corps Hymn. It kind of made you feel immortal.
    I remember singing the Hymn while on a force march to and from Elliot's Beach at PI in '61.
    SEMPER FI .....................Ed

Quote Originally Posted by lastcigar View Post
    I don't remember who said it first but have you noticed our anthem is the only service song that talks about fighting, The Navy plays with anchors, the air farce with the wild blue yonder and the army with their cassions. Only ours is about what we are about---fighting. Love it.
    MEL I LOVE IT TOO. when i went to field medical service school, DURING COLORS THEY PLAYED THE NATIONAL ANTHEM,ANCHORS AWEIGH AND THE MARINE CORPS HYMN. THAT WAS MOTIVATING.
    SEMPER FI MY BROTHER

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

you guys arent biased are you? Semper Fi

No way. Also my kids are the smartest, best looking, kids in the world

Thread Information