Seeking an answer
Create Post

Seeking an answer

Today at the brig down here in Charleston, SC it was brought to my attention that the Corps might be downsizing. I don't know if this is just a rumor or if it's real. I couldn't find any info on it on the web. Anyone have any info to share? Thank you.
    ~PFC Timmons

The Marine Corps has downsized after WW2, Korea, and Nam. Happens everytime.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    yes but it will be a slow process as we downsize our presence in Afghanistan (which isn't happening anytime soon)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by atimmons View Post
    Today at the brig down here in Charleston, SC it was brought to my attention that the Corps might be downsizing. I don't know if this is just a rumor or if it's real. I couldn't find any info on it on the web. Anyone have any info to share? Thank you.
    ~PFC Timmons

Why, do you think they'll let you out of the brig sooner?

(I know you're a CO, not an inmate)

Most likely it will be a small decrease in numbers if any at all... and it will be a slow process, not all at once. That's just my opinion, but I haven't read or heard any facts on this matter anywhere...and if nothing comes up when you do a web search it's probably okay to dismiss it as a rumor.

My recruiter told me that the Commandant spoke on the issue on C-Span. He said something to the effect that when the operations in Afghanistan decrease he wants to downsize the Corps to 202,000. And no Sgt I'm not trying to get out of duty at the brig. Thank you all for replies and info.

Semper Fi

My time in we were at 196,000 strong, Semper Fidelis.

what brig bro? On the Naval base? I was just in Charleston last week( went to PI for my cousins DI school grad) I know if we move they said ill do a unit transfer to the USMCR unit down there

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Brig????? See my name on the wall? Down sizing would be about right around now. Happens all the time. We'll need more when we invade New Jersey.

I heard rumors we were increasing to 300,000 then invading Mexico, but thats rumors.

that would be bad ass to waste some cartel members!!

Thread Information