Offended by "Devil Dog"???
Create Post
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Offended by "Devil Dog"???

I've been out of the Corps for 10 years and recently have decided to go back. Yesterday I was talking to my PSR and asked him how much the youngsters have changed.

He went on and on. And then he slapped me with "some of these F'n idiots are offended by being called Devil Dog".

Someone please say it aint so. It took a lot of sacrifice in the battle where we earned that nickname. It's a name I take a lot of pride in.

If this is true and you are offended by that nickname, you better hope you don't get assigned to my unit!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up I Will Always Be A Devil Dog And Dam Proud Of It

ErrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrThat would Twist My Tail also S/F That

Offended By "Devil Dog"???

Devil Dog here thru and thru and damn proud of it.

Don't like it, don't join.

I get tired of all these A _ _ holes that get offended over every little thing.

Get some f _ _ _ ing balls & grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skosh59 View Post
    I get tired of all these A _ _ holes that get offended over every little thing.

Get some f _ _ _ ing balls & grow up.
    Or put on your big girl panties and suck it up

Devil Dog

I love the term and use it with all Marines I meet .Can't see why anyone would not like the tradition of creating such fear in the enemy as for them to call you a hound of h3ll .Must be a politcally correct thing like everything else ,next they won't want people to call them Marine.Semper Fi, DEVIL DOGS OOOHHHHHRRRRRRRAHHHHH or is that wrong now too.

CANT EVEN BELIEVE THAT A MARINE WOULD NOT WANT TO CALLED A DEVIL DOG. I HOPE THIS IS JUST BS.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    See where this new age shlt gets you, now were so fuvkin PC correct we cant even be Marines and be proud of it? in the new world of today. Fvck that I say "eat shilt and die MF'ers.

Ive never been called "Devil Dog" is a positive context. To the OP, DONT LIKE THIS? Then if you do come back in, change it.

Think its all us junior Marines that are backwards??????? Consider then, us a reflection of our highers.

It all depends on how its said. In today's Marine Corps, when one is "Devil Dogged" its because they are being yelled at and/or belittled. From that, comes the stigma that junior Marines are more the ones called Devil Dogs (because junior Marines are more often dressed down)....thus guys who fancy themselves "salty" feel offended when called Devil Dog. Now if that guy is reasonable it all should be taken in context. If an old school regimental Sgt. Maj. calls me Devil Dog, I don't think anything of it because that's just the way he speaks to Marines, and you can take it as an affectionate term.

Basically, there's a difference between "being Devil Dogged" and being called "Devil Dog," if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by LandsNGrooves View Post
    Ive never been called "Devil Dog" is a positive context.
    Well Devil Dog, I aint gonna call you a liar...but that would be hard to believe in the Corps I knew. I knew things would be different, but I would've never expected someone being offended by such a name.

I've thought of myself as a "Devil Dog" since 1969. I even used that for myspace page.
    Hard to believe someone doesn't like to be called "Teufelshunde"

http://www.myspace.com/devildogmarine1

TO THOSE OFFENDED BY BEING CALLED DEVIL DOG READ THE HISTORY OF HOW THE NAME CAME TO BE AND I BET YOU WONT BE OFFENDED ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!

"The German high command classified the Marines as "Shock Troops," a classification reserved only for the finest military organizations. German soldiers came to fear the Marines, calling them fierce Teufelhunde which is German for "Devil Dogs," a name which sticks to Marines to this day. Belleau Wood was in keeping with the finest of Marine Corps Traditions."

Thread Information