Offended by "Devil Dog"??? - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG View Post
    I've been out of the Corps for 10 years and recently have decided to go back. Yesterday I was talking to my PSR and asked him how much the youngsters have changed.

He went on and on. And then he slapped me with "some of these F'n idiots are offended by being called Devil Dog".

Someone please say it aint so. It took a lot of sacrifice in the battle where we earned that nickname. It's a name I take a lot of pride in.

If this is true and you are offended by that nickname, you better hope you don't get assigned to my unit!
    This was no way close to what you had last posted. If you had started off with what had transpired and led to your posting this hole 7 pages of crap wouldn't have transpired
    your last post was and I copied it and I posted it here
    JeffGI understand if its just the beginning of an asschewing, even though I feel its more of identification than something disrespectful.

But the reason I started the thread was because a SNCO said to a coolie "Hey, whats going on Devil Dog?"...the coolie replied "WHOA SSgt, why you DD'ing me???"

That sounded to me like he is offended by the word "Devil Dog" no matter how its being used.

But I get where yall are all coming from and thank you for your input.

If you had started with this there wouldn't have been such a bug discussion on this subject at all

it looks pretty gawd damn close to me...but I could be wrong

but if it's that big of a f'n deal, you should probably put me on the ignore list to prevent future problems...I couldn't give a **** less

After you get your Big Girl Panties on, Please move on to the Army or some other branch of service. They are not Devil Dogs, We are. Semper_Fi

Alright, i'm a brand new Marine, at 29 palms at comm school right now, a proud future 0622 Devil Dog!!

but, on this topic i must say 90% of the students here are GOOD Marines, we are proud, smart, physically fit and dedicated to the Corps and our proud traditions, we refer to each other as devil dogs we know what it means and we understand. Its the dirt bag 10% that was crappy in boot camp and they remain crappy now. They give us new Marines a bad name, they are nasty, they break rules all the time, they are unfit, they have no heart, and no respect for themselves their fellow Marines or the Corps at all.

The dirt bags are always the ones that get the most attention because they stick out and us good Marines do our jobs and our superiors don't have to deal with us as much. We still get disciplined and are demanded of every. single. day. And we preform to our best we can everyday, and the next day we try even harder. We try our hardest to honor the Marines that came before us because we know it's now our responsibility to carry on the honor of the title and to hold it high to show the world we are still the best!

OORAH Devil Dogs!! We won't let you down!

Quote Originally Posted by legioXvance View Post
    Alright, i'm a brand new Marine, at 29 palms at comm school right now, a proud future 0622 Devil Dog!!

but, on this topic i must say 90% of the students here are GOOD Marines, we are proud, smart, physically fit and dedicated to the Corps and our proud traditions, we refer to each other as devil dogs we know what it means and we understand. Its the dirt bag 10% that was crappy in boot camp and they remain crappy now. They give us new Marines a bad name, they are nasty, they break rules all the time, they are unfit, they have no heart, and no respect for themselves their fellow Marines or the Corps at all.

The dirt bags are always the ones that get the most attention because they stick out and us good Marines do our jobs and our superiors don't have to deal with us as much. We still get disciplined and are demanded of every. single. day. And we preform to our best we can everyday, and the next day we try even harder. We try our hardest to honor the Marines that came before us because we know it's now our responsibility to carry on the honor of the title and to hold it high to show the world we are still the best!

Always have been, and always will be that 10% ****birds.

We all have high hopes that Marines like yourself will carry on our beloved Corps high tradition.

Well Said!

I've been out of the Corps for 10 years and recently have decided to go back. Yesterday I was talking to my PSR and asked him how much the youngsters have changed.

He went on and on. And then he slapped me with "some of these F'n idiots are offended by being called Devil Dog".

Someone please say it aint so. It took a lot of sacrifice in the battle where we earned that nickname. It's a name I take a lot of pride in.

If this is true and you are offended by that nickname, you better hope you don't get assigned to my unit!

Quote Originally Posted by marine1955 View Post
    This was no way close to what you had last posted. If you had started off with what had transpired and led to your posting this hole 7 pages of crap wouldn't have transpired
    your last post was and I copied it and I posted it here
    JeffGI understand if its just the beginning of an asschewing, even though I feel its more of identification than something disrespectful.

But the reason I started the thread was because a SNCO said to a coolie "Hey, whats going on Devil Dog?"...the coolie replied "WHOA SSgt, why you DD'ing me???"

That sounded to me like he is offended by the word "Devil Dog" no matter how its being used.

But I get where yall are all coming from and thank you for your input.

If you had started with this there wouldn't have been such a bug discussion on this subject at all
    Your clip of the flag raising, was that by Genaust, or from the movie?

I Am An Will Always Be A Devil Dog Till I Die Or Fade Away

Quote Originally Posted by legioXvance View Post

Awww I love boots!!! So moto
    I love it when you rock your chucks in the 7 day store with you one ribbonand walk around the mall with your boot camp cover tan and ditty bag...I laugh.

You all think that now because you're still in school and have no idea how the real Marine Corps is. The fleet is every man for himself or you get ****ed over. Most people are out for personnal gain. The only way to to get **** is suck dick of those above you
    Personnally, I don't suck dick and I hang out with the guys who don't. Who do you think does all the working parties and gets put in for awards and sh!t?.

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    I love it when you rock your chucks in the 7 day store with you one ribbonand walk around the mall with your boot camp cover tan and ditty bag...I laugh.

You all think that now because you're still in school and have no idea how the real Marine Corps is. The fleet is every man for himself or you get ****ed over. Most people are out for personnal gain. The only way to to get **** is suck dick of those above you
    Personnally, I don't suck dick and I hang out with the guys who don't. Who do you think does all the working parties and gets put in for awards and sh!t?.
    65 years ago, you sound like a good man not to have in your fox hole.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc987332 View Post
    65 years ago, you sound like a good man not to have in your fox hole.
    Maybe.
    Would I do anything for those same guys I was talking about? I'd like to think so.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey cash sales .... I mean backhaus .... I mean boot. That was some fantastic, very useful waste of keystrokes on your part. Thanks for your contribution.

Maybe.
    Would I do anything for those same guys I was talking about? I'd like to think so.
    I thought so. Semper Fi.

Why are you assuming all this, no i don't know how the fleet is, i have not been to it, the fleet is probably ran by every Marine doing his part working together because that's how the system works, this isn't a corporate job where every man is out for him or herself, yes you want to excell personally, study extra, pt extra, and i have never sucked up to anyone in my life, i earned my ranked, i earned my way to the honormen's board at MCT, and i'll earn my way to the meritorious promotion here at school, what's wrong with working parties? as soon as a superior says i need 10 Marines, i am always one of the first to run out, along with the rest of the Marines i hang out with, that's great you get put in for awards and do working parties! Props to you, but its how you motivate those under you to do well and strive to excel, and showing them by example how they should act and look as Marines is what defines what type of leader and Marine you will be, and your superiors will see that as well. Good luck LCpl

Thread Information