DADT..if repealed whats it mean?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DADT..if repealed whats it mean?

Hey y'all just have question that maybe sum1 on this site could answer for me..
    I have been told that if the DADT policy is repealed..that all service members that had enlisted under the DADT policy, have the option to early out with all their benefits. Due to the fact the contracts that they had signed are voided because they enlisted under the DADT policy contract...is this true? And if it is will the military make it difficult to do or will it be as simple as just EASing?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I SERIOUSLY doubt that. They will just remove the command,,"To the rear,,March".

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Really sounds like the speculations of a sea lawyer to me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Scuttlebutt. [did I spell that right?]

the old contact would not be broken so you would not be albe to get out the only difference would be that the gay would be able to tell you and make a pass if he wanted to and you could tell him what you wanted but no you cant hit him no difference than if you were out on liberty and a gay hit on you

pvt pillow biter reporting as ordered!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

This just in!

Its not going to make any diff, current contracts aside, but I did hear that they Federal government under oslamba hussein bayrock wanted the D.O.J. to look into dissolving the rules that restrict the people being allowed in under emitigating circumstances, which ultimately means they want to now make it okie dokie for rapist, child molesters and pedophiles to get into the Corps, and they are thinking if that works out okay they want to wave the prior crimes against society and allow early released felons in the corp as well, I mean we gotta get them jobs somewhere right??? Gotta be PC now right, no holding them back just cause!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I don't want to get into a political or moral session here. I never paid much attention to DADT. but here in a nutshell is what it encompasses

Don't ask, don't tell (DADT) is the common term for the policy restricting the United States military from efforts to discover or reveal closeted gay, lesbian, and bisexual service members or applicants, while barring those who are openly gay, lesbian, or bisexual from military service. The restrictions are mandated by federal law Pub.L. 103-160 (10 U.S.C. § 654). Unless one of the exceptions from 10 U.S.C. § 654(b) applies, the policy prohibits anyone who "demonstrate(s) a propensity or intent to engage in homosexual acts" from serving in the armed forces of the United States, because "it would create an unacceptable risk to the high standards of morale, good order and discipline, and unit cohesion that are the essence of military capability." The act prohibits any homosexual or bisexual person from disclosing his or her sexual orientation or from speaking about any homosexual relationships, including marriages or other familial attributes, while serving in the United States armed forces. As it exists, DADT specifies that the "don't ask" part of the policy indicates that superiors should not initiate investigation of a service member's orientation in the absence of disallowed behaviors, though credible and articulable evidence of homosexual behavior may cause an investigation. Violations of this aspect through persecutions and harassment of suspected servicemen and women resulted in the policy's current formulation as don't ask, don't tell, don't harass, don't pursue.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can remember when they asked if you were homosexual.

they need to leave it in place. I could seriously care less who would rather muff dive or pack fudge as long as its kept quiet. Simply put your sexual life needs to stay private regardless of your preference and by being able to flaunt that you are a faggot does nothing but cause trouble in the ranks.

Just like the dumb ***** from the us military academy or whatever who felt compelled to share with everyone she was a carpet muncher because she just couldnt keep it in anymore. Serves her right to get booted, nobody cares what you do in your bedroom but when you feel the need to tell everyone you are queer you are just starting **** so bye bye. Keep dont ask dont tell. I dont want to know if the guy next to me would rather suck d*ck, I just want to know if he will give his life for me in combat

It means that gays will start openly serving.

I suspect it will lead to gays becoming favored for assignments and promotions within a few years.

Its friggin disgusting , thats what it is ! Put it any way you want it, it will never do society or any branches of the Armed Forces any good ! In the end (no pun) it truly is another of the liberals methods to" try " and destroy one of the last greatest institutions of these United States of America !, the "United States Marine Corps". It wont ever totally happen, but what it will do is bring" AIDS" patients bills to the Marine corps table. obamas "folks" are already at the court house suing for marriage "rights" for homos. Wow California shut them down, other states were ready to shut-it down as well. Guess what if homo marriage passes in the Army...FEDERAL LAW IN EVERY STATE TO ALLOW homos TO MARRY ! What do you think about them idears ?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thread dregging,,,,,,,

Here's what I been wondering:

Is there still a mark on fitness reports for "military bearing"? Say you're writing a fitness report for a male Marine and he's "out" so you know he is gay. He sashays around in uniform, talks like a girl, and is generally highly effeminate. Wouldn't you have to mark him "unsat" for military bearing which would destroy any chance of promotion? Or, are they going to make some kind of rule prohibiting that so gays won't have to act like a man since they don't want to be one in the first place? What a can of worms! Glad I don't have to deal with it. Good luck to those who do.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Let me throw this out there. I wouldnt be surprised that in the future. We have a DADT for straight people wanting in the military.

Thread Information