PT- Any advice?
Create Post

Thread: PT- Any advice?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

PT- Any advice?

I was PTing hard today to the point where I puked after. Immediately when I was done I felt very dizzy and could barley walk to my car. When i got to the car I just layed in the backseat still I got the conscience to drive home. Didn't know what to do didn't even have the energy to walk or even open my eyes. After I drank some water I felt it coming go down then lingering back up from my stomach and thats when I puked. **** really scared me, but I'm asking for advice on what to do when this happens. Do I lay down like I did, put my hands in the back of my head to open up my lungs, keep my eyes open?

Quote Originally Posted by itsy View Post
    I was PTing hard today to the point where I puked after. Immediately when I was done I felt very dizzy and could barley walk to my car. When i got to the car I just layed in the backseat still I got the conscience to drive home. Didn't know what to do didn't even have the energy to walk or even open my eyes. After I drank some water I felt it coming go down then lingering back up from my stomach and thats when I puked. **** really scared me, but I'm asking for advice on what to do when this happens. Do I lay down like I did, put my hands in the back of my head to open up my lungs, keep my eyes open?
    That's called doing a good workout. Feels good doesn't it?
    Keep PTing until it doesn't happen anymore and then increase it until it happens again.

Grow some balls and man the fvck up

Whoa...okay, here's a bit of advice. I am sure the "passing out" scared you more than puking. "Passing out is a combination of being wore the 'f out and being dehydrated from puking. Usually exercise induced puking will give your brain a feeling similar to an alcohol buzz, its b/c your dehydrated, exhausted, and brain is lacking oxygen. Anyway, its a combination of needing to be in a little better shape, and needing to hydrate and fuel your body (Eat) better. BAsically you reached your limit, so try to better it with better diet and hydration...and exercise.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Gatorade works in about 10 minutes. So does being in better shape.

Whatever you do don't stop moving, that only makes it worse. After you get done running or working out really hard, keep your body in motion and concentrate on your breathing by taking slow deep breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth.

This happens to a lot of people who are either a) new to exercising or b) continuously push their body to the limit. So don't worry about getting lightheaded or sick to your stomach, this is just a natural progression to getting in good shape.

Good luck with your workouts.

Haha you didn't drink enough water, drink more water!!!!! Hydration is a key component to making it through Marine Corps Boot Camp. You learned the hard way, stay hydrated, man up, and get some!!!

gatorade gives me indigestion...even the G2 stuff that's supposed to be low cal. Not sure why, but it just sticks in my throat and makes me want to almost puke. This has only been the past few months..

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hussaf View Post
    gatorade gives me indigestion...even the G2 stuff that's supposed to be low cal. Not sure why, but it just sticks in my throat and makes me want to almost puke. This has only been the past few months..

Are you pregnant?

Well, I haven't taken any tests so I guess I can't count that out for sure.

You need to hydrate properly and fuel your body appropriately for your workouts. Find someone knowledgeable (not one of your high school classmates, I mean someone who actually has a clue) about nutrition and create a diet for yourself.

Workouts should cause discomfort and exhaustion (if you're working out like you should be) however, we can't with any real accuracy determine if you're ridiculously out of shape, if you have a medical problem, or if you happen to be dehydrated/etc. Passing out during or after a workout can be caused by any number of things. The best course of action is to tell someone (again someone knowledgeable about what to do, not one of your highschool classmates).

Without knowing anything more than what you've said, here is my advice. Drink water. Eat appropriately. Warm up for your workout appropriately, and devise a workout schedule that consistently increases in duration and intensity.

lol, you were not properly hydrated and you must make sure you eat an hour before you work out. I have done this several times getting back in shape this last year. I didnt eat or anything and pushed my self to the edge and all of a sudden Im dizzy and I end up passing out. Love it! If you get to that point lie flat on your back and have someone hold your legs up or put your legs up above your heart. You will feel much better in about a minute.

If you are hydrated and have the proper nutrients in your body you can push much further without damage to your body

Thread Information