How to get a referral?????
Create Post

How to get a referral?????

The topic says it all. How did all of you get others to join the Corps? I want to graduate as a PFC but I'm having a hard time convincing people to merely talk to a recruiter. Any advice on a particular approach?

Pretty hard unless they have it in their heart, I had PFC going for me too but my friends father got him out because of farming hardships, WTF, Semper Fidelis.

Yea I couldn't get any either...you'll pick up soon enough though

I got PFC contract, but I didn't put anyone in either, nor did I have college credits, Young Marine Experience, or any of that. Lets just say I had a very awesome recruiter that bent the rules a little.

Edit: I made Lance Corporal in my first 9 months in the Corps. Gotta love buddy hook-ups lol

You know what ****es me off? When kids go into the RSS, take the practice ASVAB, say "Yeah I wanna join" and then they ***** out because someone "talked them out of it". C'mon! Why would you talk someone out of improving their life on a massive scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Vise View Post
    You know what ****es me off? When kids go into the RSS, take the practice ASVAB, say "Yeah I wanna join" and then they ***** out because someone "talked them out of it". C'mon! Why would you talk someone out of improving their life on a massive scale?
    Uhhh it's not the glamorus life style you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vise View Post
    You know what I hate, 16 year olds that call other kids, kids when they are a kid themselves. Worry about your own life, and not what others do or don't do

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    Uhhh it's not the glamorus life style you think it is.
    Never said it was glamorous. But I don't see the benefits of "just being". I'll give an example:

Last week I was hanging out with my lunch group and I saw a recruiter from my RSS walking near my area so I shout "Staff Sergeant _____!" He comes over and we start having small talk. Then one of my female acquaintances opened her big mouth saying, "How could you guys do that?" (referring to being a Marine. She didn't even know what branch of the military he was in.) She continued to say how she would "never do/join 'that'". So we ask her what she was doing after high school. "I don't know, but I'm definitely not doing 'that'." I was embarrassed to even know her at that moment. The recruiter and I just looked at each other and shook our heads.

The point to the story is that she didn't know what she wanted to do with her life. She just wanted to maintain her existence, even though she had no direction of her future, yet she was so sure 'that' was what she doesn't want to do. She'd rather "just be".

Quote Originally Posted by viper1833 View Post
    You know what I hate, 16 year olds that call other kids, kids when they are a kid themselves. Worry about your own life, and not what others do or don't do
    They're kids aren't they? I'm a kid as well.

I don't know what I want to do with my life either. I'd rather "just be" and play soccer ever day like I was before. But I still wouldn't change what I did.

It's okay to "just be" until you figure out what you want. First step is deciding what you don't want.

You're lucky you know what you want. Go easy on her and the rest of "the kids." They'll figure it out.

Thread Information