4.5/4.5 Marine and they are talking about reducing me...help?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation 4.5/4.5 Marine and they are talking about reducing me...help?

Im a Marine with no NJPs,No Page 11s, no patterns of misconduct 4.5/4.5 pro and con marks. I was told I would be put on an SRB to reduce me in rank for being "incompetent" though if you ask any of my Marines they would laugh at that being said about me. Ive been with my new unit for about 8 months. I know my job and whats expected of me, I feel like someone is out to get me. Knowledge is power, so if someone could help me in understanding this or give me the Marine Corp Order that talks about reducing rank I would greatly appreciate it. Also im not pending any legal action. Thanks for your time. Semper Fidelis

Who told you this? Need more facts about the situation.

When did you puck up? Dumb question but have you done leading Marines? They can reduce you for not having it. Other than that all i know is fight it and find superiors who don't think you are incompetent, previous, current command, and see if they will back you.

Company First Sergeant, picked up back in Nov 2008, did Leading Marines.

I had a situation where i only had one vehicle, wife works, daughter goes to school. and i had to take them every day. They allowed it because me wife didn't have her license. this went on for about a month, they began to complain because i wasnt at work alot. All this has been taken care of and we both have vehicles now but they are still talking about reducing me.

Okay. Where is your SNOIC in all this?

I'm not accusing you, but what has led the 1stSgt to this conclusion/opinion?

Thats true my previous command has nothing but great things to say.

Your two posts are about as clear as muddy water. In laymans words, they both make no sense at all.

Well my SNOIC and OIC non recommended my leave because they thought my wife didnt have her license yet and to complain about me not being at work that much. Then 1stSgt was also gonna non rec it and within this whole discussion I got accussed of being incompatent and threatened to be reduced.

To me, that doesn't sound like incompetence at all. I could see them being a little upset since it took a month to rectify the situation, but they were aware of the problems you were experiencing. By they, I am assuming your SNOIC.

Was the 1stSgt aware of the situation or did he just see you missing work?

There is always two sides to every story and we for sure sure are only getting one side of this story.

What did you do? Did you use a motor pool vehicle to take your wife to work? Just a guess, but we do not have the whole story.

First of all the Corps does not reduce its Marines because of nothing.

Everyone was aware of the situation... They gave me permission to take care of this, which i know they didnt have to, but then they want to use it against me.

I had school starting at 1700 and my wife had appointments to go to, i also had my appts for medical to give me the go ahead for my reenlistment.

this was all last month, i got it all taken care of and wont be having any issues with taking time from the Marine Corps. but i still feel that they are trying to find something strong they can use against me.

When all else fails, Request Mast is a last alternative. If you have a leg to stand on you can get things ironed out during the Request Mast.

Thread Information