Quick question
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quick question

Quick question

Does a Battalion order supersede an USMC order?

I think you need to be a bit more specific on the order in question.

Mco 6110.3 versus a Battalion order

Last edited by jdmchic00; 09-22-10 at 06:11 PM. Reason: elaborating

to me, and I'm only a spouse, but what Mr Conway signs is more important than anything else, correct?

That's Gen Conway, and he's Commandant of the Marine Corps.

What is the Bn doing that is different from the order?

My apologies. I know who he is guess I should have addressed him differently.

once again.. I apologize.

Now, to me, what General Conway signs should over ride what a Battalion Commander, correct?

My Marine has been on Limited Duty Board for almost a year. It's been going on since April of 09'. He's been having chest pains. His doc could never find out what was wrong with him. Finally, he found out 2 weeks ago he's got Prinzmetal's Angina and has to take Nitro and a Calcium channel blocker for it.

I understand that he needs to adhere to the Marine Corps standards, however, I don't understand how the doc who told him what he had also told him that's why he's 15lbs over weight.

The Battalion put him on BCP back in June. But the Battalion didn't follow the MCO for putting him on BCP. He was never evaluated by his MO or anyone for that matter.

His Gunny told him to quit going to BCP. His 1st Sgt said no, Go. It's in 1st Sgt's hands but I'm just trying to be prepared when he goes to meet with 1st Sgt about this mess.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When you state a battalion order is involved, is this a written BnO that is in contravention of the MCO, or just something someone did or verbally ordered?

Ordinarily, BnOs must conform to MCOs. However, some MCOs allow subordinate units some latitude in enforcement or application. I do not know if the MCO at issue is one of those or not. I doubt it, considering the subject matter.

In fact, if an MCO does not allow latitude, usually there is no matching BnO in writing. The MCO rules all in that case. A subordinate unit writing an order to supplement an MCO, should have that latitude built into the MCO.

Essentially, your son should just flat out tell the 1stSgt what is going on.

Ive never heard of angina making someone 15 pounds overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    Ive never heard of angina making someone 15 pounds overweight.

really? look it up. He was also diagnosed with Syndrome X.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolic_syndrome

Man.. for a bunch of Marines.. about Brotherhood, you guys offer little of it.

Thanks though.

Actually we offer alot of help to fellow Marines here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    When you state a battalion order is involved, is this a written BnO that is in contravention of the MCO, or just something someone did or verbally ordered?

It is written.. somewhere.

Ordinarily, BnOs must conform to MCOs. However, some MCOs allow subordinate units some latitude in enforcement or application. I do not know if the MCO at issue is one of those or not. I doubt it, considering the subject matter.

In fact, if an MCO does not allow latitude, usually there is no matching BnO in writing. The MCO rules all in that case. A subordinate unit writing an order to supplement an MCO, should have that latitude built into the MCO.

Essentially, your son should just flat out tell the 1stSgt what is going on.
    He did tell the 1st Sgt. 1st Sgt said for him to cut his calories. So he's been on a diet for a month now of 500 calories a day. When he told 1st Sgt that he wasn't losing the weight, 1st Sgt told him to quit eating.

He can't run because of his chest pain. To alleviate the pain he pop nitro pills. He can't carry pills with him if he were to run with everyone.

It's a bad situation. My husband, a healthy Marine, or was, 28 years old and is having chest pains with a family history of heart issues yet they don't give a damn. I'm pushing it so hard because he's my husband, we have kids, and I don't want to see him get screwed over like that. What he has causes weight gain. The medicines he is on causes weight gain. He couldn't run for a year because the docs didn't want him to because if he did, he'd have chest pains therefore causing weight gain. Yet he ran a 1st class PFT and CFT which almost killed him.

I really just wanna scream.

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    Actually we offer alot of help to fellow Marines here.
    So if I get my husband to make a name and he ask the same question, you would be all over helping him?

Yet, I'm his supporting wife who is doing it for him and you can't help me?

Makes no sense.

They're trying. Obviously, they aren't real sure what your getting at and the whole story. Besides, what are you going to do? Go to the BC and say a bunch of vets on the internet said he's wrong? We understand you are upset, but getting upset at us because we're not sure what to tell you, at least not yet, isn't going to do you or your husband any good.

Thread Information