Life Changer
Create Post

Thread: Life Changer

Life Changer

greetings and oohrah to all my fellow teufel hundens out there. Guys I am in some serious need of some good old fashioned brotherly advice here. I walked down to my recruiters office last monday as an honorably discharged corporal of marines after serving my 4 active and 4 inactive and walked out with my head spinning. I went to re-enlist in my beloved corps and got denied because lo and behold my original DD214 has me with an honorable discharge but an RE-4. The recruiter requested my SRB and there it has a page 11 entry stating "This marine has not excelled at his MOS nor his leadership abilities while serving aboard this command station and I (not stating the SSGT's name) DO NOT recommend this marine for re-enlistment." and it is signed and dated with my original unit with whom I had spent an entire 11 days under while going through my EAS classes in 2003. The recrutier told me he wasn't sure what to do so I am turning to you. Yes I wasn't the best marine and I did have 1 single njp when I was a young lcpl for being 17 minutes UA so please any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

yours truly
    Corporal Joshua LaGrange

Craaaap.

OK, what you are going to have to do is get the RE code changed. Only HQMC can do that, so that means submitting a waiver packet.

This will be a LONG and ardous process so be prepared for it NOW.

Talk with "USMC3521" who just accomplished it after many years of trying. He can point you in the right direction.

thank you Sergeant I hope this marine can lend some useful advice. The army recruiter told me he could get a waiver being I had an honorable discharge told him I would rather die than become a soldier.

Once a marine, Always a marine! Semper Fi

You may have to do what you may have to do. Going to another branch isn't the end of the world, plenty of Marines have done it and will continue to do it.

Yes, I know what you WANT...but what you NEED may be a different thing.

PM 3521 for sure.

got it Sgt. Sent him directly to the man who handles RE code changes. He is good people and will help this Marine out. S/F

I KNEW you were the Marine to talk to. OUTstanding.

Thank you both very much I will definately keep the two of you updated on what is happening and who knows maybe catch you in the fleet S/F

Thread Information