Here you go Mr. Hope
Create Post

Here you go Mr. Hope

He was one of the best Americans ever......even though he was born in England.

Saw his show in Okinawa Xmas 1971 - his sidekick was Jim Nabors, aka Gomer Pyle.

I cant think of celebrity today who has the class that Bob Hope did and the ability to fill his shoes.

I was in 7th Comm, RR&C Co during the Xmas '71 show. I was one of the only techs that had any theater lighting experience and I was tapped to work the lights from a tiny console at the very front center of the stage. Sunday's Child (a very young trio of singers) was touring with the USO with Hope and Nabors. I remember when the girls came out to sing, the one in the middle had her fly down (no big deal) and I pantomimed "zipping up" to her. She saw , turned slightly away and addressed her inadvertent wardrobe malfunction -- long, long before Janet Jackson made it commonplace.

It was also about that time that Hanoi Jane (Fonda) was in the area (I think she was in Koza, not certain) with her "FTA" troupe. My recollection was E-5 and below were restricted to base (the reasoning for that baffles me to this day).

Thread Information