Future Marine Mentors - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When I was in, you had to be a proven infantry performer and be recommended to attempt Recon Indoc. I understand times have changed but if you just focus on becoming a Marine first and make sure you stay squared away i.e. 1st Class PFT's (300 Prefered), Expert Rifle Qual., 1st Class Swim Qual (CWSQ Preferred) and excellent pro's and con's then you will be ready to move forward into attempting Recon.

John Mckinley, while I commend you on your choice to take Sixguns up on his offer please pay attention to his post where he directed you to send a PM to him with your contact information.

And don't forget to fill in your profile. I thought SSGT Nelson was pretty darn clear on that part when he wrote the rules and posted them.

Quote Originally Posted by marinereconss
    So what you are saying is that I know everything I should about M.O.S. 0321, and that I should work on grammer and punctuation more often.
    I can't speak for the person you are replying to, but in my opinion, being squared away at whatever you are doing now... which happens to be sitting at a computer console, typing... is always a good idea.

MOS 0321 is going to require good language skills, in addition to field, combat, and other specialty skills.

The MOS will also require that you learn how to assess the situation on the ground, figure out where the power lies, who are the friendlies and who are the enemies, and little things like when and when not to act salty.

In my opinion, it might be a good strategy to see how you do, getting through Boot Camp first, and begin thinking about your MOS preferences and requirements, then... when you have a more clear picture of both your actual (as opposed to imagined) capabilities, and the demands that 0321 would place upon those capabilities.

You sure walked into an ambush with your eyes closed, here... didn't you?

I hope you perform better, when faced with the Real Deal.

Credits
    Savings
    Hey, marinereconss I was one of the Marine Combat Instructors of Water survival at TBS in Quantico, VA helping with the training of 2nd Lt. on occasions. Just like everyone has stated you won't be able to jump into the Recon training, but if you want to be better prepared if you decide to pursue that dream... Start swimming ALOT!!! This website will give you a better idea of what is asked of you.
    Good luck to you (try to KNOW what your getting into Before you get into it. It will simplify your life)

http://www.okinawa.usmc.mil/public%2...0922-swim.html

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    But first off - in order to tryout for Recon you have to:

Stand at attention
    Tap your heels together 3 times while saying "I wannabe a Recon Ranger - I wanna live the life of danger"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary
    marinereconss-
    Can I bust your chops for just one second?
    Would it be at all possible to use capitalization, spell check and proper punctuation when addressing Sixguns? I'm thinking that you are a senior in high school and already would know of such things. Just a little bit more effort on your part and I wouldn't have said squat.
    Note: I do not, by any means, have the top notch expertise of the English language; its spelling and grammarical usage. So, by any rights you could tell me to "kiss off". It's up to you.
    Take care of yourself.
    Gary

DAMMMMMMN GARY !!! YOU ROCK !!!

Credits
    Savings

j

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    But first off - in order to tryout for Recon you have to:

Stand at attention
    Tap your heels together 3 times while saying "I wannabe a Recon Ranger - I wanna live the life of danger"

Right on "84"

Thread Information