Conflict of intrest
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Conflict of intrest

This is an under the table question that I don't want to bring up to my recruiters.

Im currently waiting for my inital medical review so that I can go to MEPS and get a ship date to go to PI. Only thing is, my pops happens to be a Col. and a regimental commander of one of the infantry units on LeJeune and I wanted to know if there's any way that the DI's would find that out? and if they did they're probablly gonna break my balls twice as bad, right?

Any helps' appriciated

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noochieboochies View Post
    This is an under the table question that I don't want to bring up to my recruiters.

Im currently waiting for my inital medical review so that I can go to MEPS and get a ship date to go to PI. Only thing is, my pops happens to be a Col. and a regimental commander of one of the infantry units on LeJeune and I wanted to know if there's any way that the DI's would find that out? and if they did they're probablly gonna break my balls twice as bad, right?

Any helps' appriciated

Yes and Yes.

Try to avoid any situation where you'd have to divulge said information. Though your dad, just to mess with you, might send you letters knowing full well what will happen.

I totally would.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just dont pull the i'm better than you because card. had some dumbass try that while i was in boot camp (his uncle or dad or someone was a sgtmaj). Our 1stsgt quickly took care of that. Thank you 1st Sgt Brewer.

Incidentally that kid isn't a Marine so no worries.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyTheFerret View Post
    Try to avoid any situation where you'd have to divulge said information. Though your dad, just to mess with you, might send you letters knowing full well what will happen.

I totally would.

My father totally did, except he sent his letter straight to my SDI. I was screwed, blued, and tattooed.

Damn, thats comforting

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyes View Post
    Just dont pull the i'm better than you because card. had some dumbass try that while i was in boot camp (his uncle or dad or someone was a sgtmaj). Our 1stsgt quickly took care of that. Thank you 1st Sgt Brewer.

Incidentally that kid isn't a Marine so no worries.
    HAHAHA, dumbass!! Atleast I know better than that kid. Long as I get the same treatment as everyone else I'l be straight.

There is a form you will fill out when you get to boot camp that you will have to declare any relative that is an Officer and what rank. So bet on it. Your Drill Instructors may even know your Dad (it is a small Corps), so expect to be their special project.

Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post
    There is a form you will fill out when you get to boot camp that you will have to declare any relative that is an Officer and what rank. So bet on it. Your Drill Instructors may even know your Dad (it is a small Corps), so expect to be their special project.
    Guess my recruiters and my pops "forgot" to tell me about that. Oh well, sure Im not the first kid that had to go through bootcamp that way.

My buddies from LeJeune (most my friends in HS graduated a year before me) sent me letter all the time with messages to the DIs on the outside, lipstick on the envelope...all sorts of crap. That's when I learned what a plank was...back in 2001 when planks were not widely known. After 40 minutes of planks, I certainly knew what they were.

Not only will they mess with you about your dad, there was a kid in my BC platoon simply had the same last name as a famous officer and he got messed with...even though there was no relation!

This kind of attention is fun, and getting picked on/smoked is good for you as it allows you to test yourself. Remember, don't get stressed...the worst they can do is make you do hard physical exercise...which only helps you. Well you may get slapped around a bit, but thats good for you too.

My dad was a Lieutenant in the Navy, and my SDI found out my very first day. My DIs, Company Gunny, Series Commander, and Company Commander gave me a very special slice of hell the entire cycle.

LOL. Yep, you are gonna be "Famous" for sure. But no worries, realistically, it'll all be in 'good fun'.

Good on ya for following in Dad's footsteps, BTW.

My own Sea Story...one of my DI's knew my father (who had never served) because he had worked on his vehicle when he was stationed at Camp David. Gave me 'special' attention for that just because he knew my father. No other reason (and he did a good job on the car, too LOL).

Credits
    Savings

Chapman

We had a guy in BC who had the last name Chapman, The commandants name was Chapman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_F._Chapman,_Jr. (1968). He got "special" treatment and he wasn't even related.

All recruits get special treatment..... to make sure you will be a good Marine. Because your Dad is a Col..... you might get a bit more. But, be honest with yourself...isn't that what your Dad would want? He will want his kid to be the best of the best.

Just do your best and earn your title.

Nuff said?

I was A-wall Brown all though Boot Camp just gald I was in S.D. and not P.I. My uncle was a D.I. there at the same time also very gald my D.I. never found out about it.

Thread Information