Hair.. =/ - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair.. =/

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Try the sock-bun. I have hair halfway down my back and I'm not cutting it. My cousins showed me how to do it but I'm still getting the hang of it. When they put it in it didn't get loose at all all day. That's probably your best bet besides cutting it.

Good luck next month.

Poolee/DEP Free Member dionna23's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Haha.

No. I always have my braids in for three months lol.
    Bob marley has dreads. Dreads and braids are toootally different lol.
    Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    And braids for 3 months? Won't you start to smell like a dead Bob Marley?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Try the sock-bun. I have hair halfway down my back and I'm not cutting it. My cousins showed me how to do it but I'm still getting the hang of it. When they put it in it didn't get loose at all all day. That's probably your best bet besides cutting it.

Good luck next month.
    Thanks. I believe i can still put my micro's in a bun. my hair is not manageable now so i KNOW it ownt be managable for three months with little time to deal with it.

HEY! I have 18 days left before boot! gosh it's really starting to set in but i dont think it's gonna fully set in until i get there ;o

But thanks again

Wow hair should be the least of your problem,lol. I have curly hair and i cut mine. Just cut it it's HAIR. It grows back. If it's short it won't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tlynnfox View Post
    Wow hair should be the least of your problem,lol. I have curly hair and i cut mine. Just cut it it's HAIR. It grows back. If it's short it won't be a problem.
    She doesn't want to cut her hair and she wanted to know what her options were. Sock buns and braids are within regulations; not everybody has to go and chop it all off or go G.I. Jane.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post
    She doesn't want to cut her hair and she wanted to know what her options were. Sock buns and braids are within regulations; not everybody has to go and chop it all off or go G.I. Jane.

You're Right i don't WANT to cut my hair. but i have trimmed it. I'm still getting my braids though (getting them done on saturday) My firt choice would not be to cut my hair. I just need something that i'll be able to NOT have to deal wth.

tlynnfox: Our hair textures are TOTALLY different lol. Me cutting my hair might be just the same as you cutting yours but the out comes... would be totally different. lol

Oh i'm sorry lol, I didn't see your picture until now. Our textures are way different. Braids would be a good choice though since washing your hair is minimal lol. I hate having my hair short, like it's to my shoulders. I wonder if I put my extensions back in if that'd be in regulations?

And I didn't mean all girls should go G.I. Jane it's just easier to have to not deal with if your hair is short, simple as that. But short hairs obviously not for everyone (myself included).

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by tlynnfox View Post
    Oh i'm sorry lol, I didn't see your picture until now. Our textures are way different. Braids would be a good choice though since washing your hair is minimal lol. I hate having my hair short, like it's to my shoulders. I wonder if I put my extensions back in if that'd be in regulations?

And I didn't mean all girls should go G.I. Jane it's just easier to have to not deal with if your hair is short, simple as that. But short hairs obviously not for everyone (myself included).

Ha. I'm going to cut mine after boot. i just didn't want to now because i dont want to deal with it. and yea i just got them done saturday. i'll put a pic up. Im pretty sure extensions SHOULD still be good. My recruiter told me anything was fine as long as it was appropriate.

Yeah, so... I'm pretty sure I'm gonna' cut my hair this week. Not sure how I'm gonna' do it (with scissors, harhar.), but it's going to happen.

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, so... I'm pretty sure I'm gonna' cut my hair this week. Not sure how I'm gonna' do it (with scissors, harhar.), but it's going to happen.

haha how short is your hair now?.. er.. long?

Quote Originally Posted by dionna23 View Post
    haha how short is your hair now?.. er.. long?
    I'd say mid-back length. One of the last things I wanna worry about in boot camp is my hair, so I think it has to go.

Credits
    Savings
    I'd say mid-back length. One of the last things I wanna worry about in boot camp is my hair, so I think it has to go.

I compleetly understand :]

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    how short did you cut it? i cut mine to a little below my shoulders but i'm still having trouble with the whole bun thing.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Alissa View Post
    how short did you cut it? i cut mine to a little below my shoulders but i'm still having trouble with the whole bun thing.
    wait.. your hair HAS to be long enough to put in a bun? i wanted to cut mine like right above my shoulders.. nd if YOU're having trouble with the bun then i know i will. =/

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    oh no you don't have to put it in a bun it can be above your shoulders without a bun. but my hair would be horrible to deal with if it was not in a bun.

Thread Information