Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair.. =/

Poolee/DEP Free Member dionna23's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Hair.. =/

Hello Poolees!!

I am having trouble figuring out what to do with my hair. i know im not gonna have time to do anything with it while im at Boot Camp. Buht i was just going to get braids the weekend before so it would be alot easier to manage. but i was also wondering if twists were allowed. i know dreads aren't allowed so i wanted to know if twists fell into that category. my hair is VERY curly. like... VERRY curly. advice? tips from any one.. but again I KNOW im not gonna have time to worry about my hair i just wanna make sure i wont HAVE to.

I would say just go with braids 'cause I'm pretty sure you can get away with that; anything other than a sock-bun, or short cropped hair is kind of questionable.

OKay, well first off i know if you have braids they have to be straight back, and ive also heard from a female Marine that you DO get time to do your hair at night, and it will stay in a bun for a couple of days till you shower next, she told me that you only shower like once or twice a week. So you wouldnt have to deal with putting your hair in a bun every night. As for me im not cutting my hair.
    Hopefully this helps!

Poolee/DEP Free Member dionna23's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks. yea i think im just gonna do braids. because i leave nxt month on the 11th so.. lol not much time for anything

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    shave your hair. go GI jane

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by pattchan View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth!

Talking

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by dionna23 View Post
    Thanks. yea i think im just gonna do braids. because i leave nxt month on the 11th so.. lol not much time for anything
    Me too!!! 22 days left... Well, more like 21!

So many people have told me to do this! Oh, goodness... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan92 View Post
    she told me that you only shower like once or twice a week.
    Im pretttty much almost 100 % positive that they MAKE you shower every night...just think if people only took showers once or twice a week how easy it would be to get some type of infection or skin diseases from sweat. Higiene is very important and they do checks every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Fleri View Post
    Im pretttty much almost 100 % positive that they MAKE you shower every night...just think if people only took showers once or twice a week how easy it would be to get some type of infection or skin diseases from sweat. Higiene is very important and they do checks every night.
    This is not the first time I've heard that you don't take showers very often - don't expect to be taking showers every night; boot camp is meant to mimic combat stress, and you don't really take showers in combat environments. Even when you do take showers, majority of them are going to be 10 seconds at best.

You might have bodily inspections from your Drill Instructors nightly, but it's to make sure you don't have open wounds, or broken limbs. It's not that in-depth, as far as I know. Everybody gets sick, and plenty of people end up with cellulitis, which is why it is so important that you DON'T SCRATCH. The only way you're really going to end up with any kind of serious skin infection or "disease", is if you have open insect bites, open wounds, or if you scratch and cause irritation.

Also, don't expect to be wearing clean cammies all the time, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Fleri View Post
    Zac Efron. In the Marines? lol. J/k man..but to me you kinda look like him. lol

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Shower every nite, every morning. and alot o rinses after PT. What you think my Marine Corps is, A pig farm? You WILL see videos of proper hygene. Do it.

Damm Blind leading the blind. can't believe I put up with this.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    And braids for 3 months? Won't you start to smell like a dead Bob Marley?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Shower every nite, every morning. and alot o rinses after PT. What you think my Marine Corps is, A pig farm? You WILL see videos of proper hygene. Do it.

Damm Blind leading the blind. can't believe I put up with this.
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Zac Efron. In the Marines? lol. J/k man..but to me you kinda look like him. lol
    and what?! haha ive never heard someone tell me i look like zac efron before hmm intresting

Thread Information