UnderArmour regulations?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UnderArmour regulations?

I heard from my senior and read that General Conway has approved synthetic shirts(under armour) as the undershirt worn with service charlies and dress blue deltas. Now every underarmour I've seen has the logo over the left breast. Does that matter? Does it need to be a plain white under armour shirt? If so then can anyone tell me where to find one because everything I've seen has a logo and I've spent a good amount of time looking. Thanks if you can help me out.

Hmm if there is an underarmour type shirt that doesn't bear the UA logo then it may be a 3rd party military version. The Army has a compression shirt that is like underarmour but with the Armies ACU undershirt scheme. I'd imagine if the synthetic materials shirt was approved for Corps use it would not have any logos as with the standard issue chucks the shirt is paper thin and easily see through with stuff like that.

Thanks Corporal. Where do you think I could find one that's plain? Should I just google my ass off?

There's other brands out there besides under armour. Champion offers a version of the product, but it still has a small emblem on it not much bigger than a nipple. Google will probably yield better results than me though.

Those shirts are freakin hot, i'll stay with cotton in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by ChewyyCheezyy View Post
    I heard from my senior and read that General Conway has approved synthetic shirts(under armour) as the undershirt worn with service charlies and dress blue deltas. Now every underarmour I've seen has the logo over the left breast. Does that matter? Does it need to be a plain white under armour shirt? If so then can anyone tell me where to find one because everything I've seen has a logo and I've spent a good amount of time looking. Thanks if you can help me out.
    Never heard of it. The Marine Corps saying I can do it and my 1st Sgt saying I can are two different things lol.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChewyyCheezyy View Post
    thats good and all but unless it is written as an official MCO or MarAdmin it really doesn't mean much. If this exists then go ahead and wear the shirt but I would tell you to carry the order with you everywhere when you wear your chucks

Thanks for the advice.

Yes, the BN and CO level almost never mate up with MCO.

That being said, I think a synth shirt would look really weird, and feel weird, in a dress uniform. And if the logo isn't visible, who cares?

I'm telling you from past experiences of wearing dress blues with white trousers manning 12+ hour posts for the marine barracks with protective vests underneath sucked during those summers. The white cotton shirts just soaks up sweat and keeps in trapped in the body, stains and stinks and so on. The underarmour (hot gear, not the cold weather stuff which keeps you warm) wicks moisture away from your body and helps keep you cool without dripping globs of sweat. Personally I think transferring to a synth white undershirt is better because 1) it has better qualities to reduce heat, sweat stains, smell etc 2) you don't have to worry about the colors fading, the neck drooping, or the material bunching up, making it easier to maintain a sharp outer appearance. That's my opinion though.

Yeah, but who cares what you wear under dress blues? No one can see it anyway.

hussaf he was talking bout the deltas and the khaki shirts they get issued in boot now are creighton(sp?) quality with permanent creases, long step from the paper thin crap we got issued

Credits
    Savings
    I think they should go back to the v-necks and make everyone shave to their sternum again.

from the guy who probably had no hair and wants others to suffer and doesnt wear the uniform nemore no offense

Thread Information