Am I on the right path to becoming a Marine Officer?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I on the right path to becoming a Marine Officer?

Greetings Marines, I was wanting to get some opinions on how I'm doing as to becoming a Marine Officer.
    First off, I'm 13, and make nothing but A's and B's.

Second, out of the things I tested myself in (Physical), these are my results:

81 pushups without quitting (51 In a minute)
    73 sittups in 2 minutes
    8:00 (Approx) A one mile run
    21 pullups
    26 curlups

So what do you guys think?

Respectfully,
    Tristin Turner

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    lmao!!!

lol what?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LtherneckUSMC View Post
    lol what?
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a troll and entertain your question...

You are 13 years old, you are at least 10 years away from even being considered for becoming an officer. Your grades you say you have now have no use to you once you are in college and putting together a package to become an officer. Also physical fitness, whatever shape you are in now is in no way a foreshadowing of what you may be come time for you to go to OCS(that is if you even get selected to go).

You are way to young to be thinking about becoming a leader of the finest fighting force on earth, your to young to even be thinking about becoming a Marine period.

Go play outside and ride your bike now, don't be late for dinner.

I'm sorry sir, but you don't understand. For one, the keyword is "Path", and I don't understand why your telling me I can't be something I've been determined to be since I was three. What your telling me will not change my mind. And you must know what its like to be a leader. Because I recall leaders "leading by example" and not criticizing a 13 year old for their ambitions.

Thanks

I'm sorry sir, but you don't understand. For one, the keyword is "Path", and I don't understand why your telling me I can't be something I've been determined to be since I was three. What your telling me will not change my mind. And you must know what its like to be a leader. Because I recall leaders "leading by example" and not criticizing a 13 year old for their ambitions.

Thanks
    Young Man keep yours grades up learn and learn again if being a Marine Officer is what you want just keep doing what you are doing get that collage degree, maybe ROTC even. If it is to be it will be you got a lot of time don't rush it.

Wowzers...you're not even in high school yet dude.
    And you've wanted to be an officer since you were three?!?!? How the fu*k do you even remember that far back?

Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    Young Man keep yours grades up learn and learn again if being a Marine Officer is what you want just keep doing what you are doing get that collage degree, maybe ROTC even. If it is to be it will be you got a lot of time don't rush it.
    Thank you sir, I know I have alot of time, that just means more time to get ready

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    Wowzers...you're not even in high school yet dude.
    And you've wanted to be an officer since you were three?!?!? How the fu*k do you even remember that far back?
    lol I'm almost in high school, im in 8th. And I'm not completely sure, I just remember haha

Marine Friend Free Member 2044 1978's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Your profile states that you were born in 1991. How does that make you 13?

Quote Originally Posted by 2044 1978 View Post
    Your profile states that you were born in 1991. How does that make you 13?
    Well, I wasn't thinking and lied about my age

Marine Friend Free Member 2044 1978's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Well, all I can say is to Prepare for Incoming in regards to lying!

Credits
    Savings
    lol I'm almost in high school, im in 8th. And I'm not completely sure, I just remember haha
    Quote Originally Posted by LtherneckUSMC
    Well, I wasn't thinking and lied about my age
    TROLL ALERT

Quote Originally Posted by josephd
    Go play outside and ride your bike now, don't be late for dinner.
    Good advice here. Now go.

If you are truthfully 13 and have the long term goal of becoming a Marine officer.... here is what you need to do:

1. Quit lying. It is frowned on in the officer ranks and in here.
    2. Get rid of the B's. School will get harder from here and show you can do all A's.
    3. Start saving your ca$h. University isn't cheap and you don't need to drain the parental units while going to school.
    4. Quit hanging around here and enjoy being a kid. Once you make it to the Marines...enlisted or officer.... your days of being a kid are over and you will be playing in the major league.
    5. Leadership through example is the name of the game....however.... we see way too many visitors who are just bored and bring their BS here because they have nothing better to do.

So, if you are real and have a true desire to be a Marine officer.... I would say the best advice we can give you is to enjoy your time as a kid.... keep your nose clean and your butt out of trouble.... work to get a full ride at a decent university by getting AND KEEPING the grades up....and finally.... work to prove to all who know you that you are made up of what is needed to be a Marine and an officer.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    TROLL ALERT

Good advice here. Now go.
    You say this and I'm the troll? Way to show some honor

Thread Information