So,,,,,,
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So,,,,,,

Credits
    Savings
    Images

So,,,,,,

I got my first letter from MarinesFTW today. He's askin what the He!! he got himself into. Askin for moto.

look, children. There ain't any rose gardens where your going. We Marines try to tell you this. LIving from chow to chow and Sunday to Sunday [his words], is all you can hope for. that and survivin,,,,
    Worst for him are the shetbirds, ,,,you try like he11 and there are those 10 who are fkn things up for all. It Sucks.

Be real, be self incorporated monsters, be brainless robots,,,,,, leave your ego with Mama, and your cryin with Suzie,,,,,,,

you WILL acheve your goal,, or live broken. Your choice.

I gotta go do some letter chewing, on a young friend.

P Friggin S,,,,,,,,He loves drill, and is good at it.

Your "Friend',,,,,,,Sparkie.

It sounds like the scariest part about Recruit Training is not knowing what you're in for... then when it all hits you you're completely unprepared for it. I hope he makes it... he was a super motivated Poolee and seemed like an all-around good guy. Thanks for the update, Sgt.

How long has he been at boot camp? My buddy just sent home is first letter the other day.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Jordan, Like I've said before,,,, Once you jump off the cliff, may as well enjoy the ride. I know you'all don't understant that one.

And change that friggin picture, will ya?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by the802 View Post
    How long has he been at boot camp? My buddy just sent home is first letter the other day.
    Improvise,,, look up his ship date. Don't ask me for surpliforus information. Ain't interested. I'm done with treatin you kids like kids.

He'll make it. He was really motivated. Things will look up. That's what I will keep in mind during those first couple of weeks. Things will get better, this won't last forever. I wish I could write to him, but by the time it got to him, I'd already be there!

Any updates from MarinesFTW? He should almost be done with first phase by now.

He won't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardboardbox View Post
    He won't die.
    Just curious to see how hes doing and if his letters have change at all. Its always cool to hear a former poolees advice, comments, and condition.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I sent out a letter on the 6th,,,gotta give it time. He' kinda busy.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I got my first letter from MarinesFTW today. He's askin what the He!! he got himself into. Askin for moto.

I remember thinking those exact words back in 1967. Outstanding knowlege thread sparkie.

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OK,,,,, second letter in,,,,

Quote,,,," You couldn't have more correct, Sgt. I am becoming more moto now that we are getting into the swing of things. I got your letter on the 14th, and everything you said was true. If you want, give my address to the poolees on Leatherneck. I can answer questions on what's exactly happening day to day "

I love it when I'm right,,,,,,,

Today is your lucky day, children. Personally,,,I would not do this, but he really likes mail call. [Where does he find the time? I don't rember that much time.]

Recruit Vogt, Daniel W.
    2nd Bn. Fox Co,Plt 2128
    36001 Midway Ave.
    San Diego, Ca.
    92140-2128

Remember,,,, THIS IS NOT THE INTERNET LIKE MAMA TOLD YA,,,,,,, This is Leatherneck. com. Write nice. Don't fuk with him.
    {You already lost one poolee this week}.

Sparkie out.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sent out a letter today. I like that kid. Probly wrong of me to post his address, but he asked for it. Any of you ladies and gents got the webos to write him? You all talk?
    Look ladies,,,,,,, joining the Marines is a serious thing.
    By the way,,,, He's fine.

If any of you all impress me,,,, I might write.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Got a letter today. He is about to go into Qual week. Duin good. M16A4,,,Iron sites. Told him to keep his dope book 100 proof. He is very tired of ****birds. Seems there are more of those now-a-days. sad.
    He don't get much Mail Call,,,,,,, I like this kid. Got real stuffing. Not like a bunch o you. When he's done pushing,,,,,,he pushes all the harder. Glad I write to him. If you want letters,,,,show me sumpthing,,,,,,,,Marines KNOW Marines.

Every Marine has to go through the same thing.

You can be the most prepared and still it won't be enough.

Thread Information