Going to Recruit Training out of shape...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going to Recruit Training out of shape...

Yep, most dumbass thing to do right? Well in my case it may be the only way to go. Just last friday I was sent to the ER due to a torsion(when the testicle twists on itself), needed surgery and here I am on the web. Everything should be healed in two weeks, which is awesome, however, I cannot work out for 6 weeks and I leave in 7 weeks (my recruiter said it was ok)... I'm ****ed. I'm gonna check with my doctor if I can do some light jogging or something. I'm just asking for some motivation and I'm wondering if you guys have any idea of much out shape I'm actually gonna be. Is it gonna be bad, will I still be in moderate shape or what? My current IST is as follows: Pull ups:8 Run: 10:53 Sit ups: 85 Thanks for any help/

Could you get your ship date bumped?

I can ask, I'm not sure if there will be any open spots though. I want to go so bad but for my balls sake I can hold out haha.

Yeah if I was you, I would see if you could get the ship date bumped back a bit if possible. But at the same time, looking at your signature, it looks like you were well above the minimum requirements so I can't imagine your fitness would drop so dramatically in 6 weeks that you would be dropped to PCP. It's going to come down to what you feel comfortable doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve018 View Post
    Yep, most dumbass thing to do right? Well in my case it may be the only way to go. Just last friday I was sent to the ER due to a torsion(when the testicle twists on itself), needed surgery and here I am on the web. Everything should be healed in two weeks, which is awesome, however, I cannot work out for 6 weeks and I leave in 7 weeks (my recruiter said it was ok)... I'm ****ed. I'm gonna check with my doctor if I can do some light jogging or something. I'm just asking for some motivation and I'm wondering if you guys have any idea of much out shape I'm actually gonna be. Is it gonna be bad, will I still be in moderate shape or what? My current IST is as follows: Pull ups:8 Run: 10:53 Sit ups: 85 Thanks for any help/

Dude. 6 weeks? A month and a 1/2 without training? Yikes! I feel weak when I go a week without hitting the gym. You definitely won't be able to ship. If you're doing 8 pull-ups now, honestly speaking you probably wont be able to do 5 if you go 6 weeks without PT, which means you wouldn't be able to ship anyway. And I wouldn't recommend crunches what with the testicular problem. Tell your recruiter to ship you later. He has to.

I don't think your stats are gonna' suffer that much from a 6 week recovery; you'll still be able to pass the IST, I'm sure. However, it probably would be in your best interest to have your ship date moved, if possible. (Although, I can't say I have a lot of experience with 'torsion'. You know, being female and all.)

Alright, I'll see if I can get my ship date moved up, it might not be such a bad idea, I can get a job while I wait haha. I'll also see what my doctor says first, if i can work out a week before I ship I dont think I would be too bad right?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    GO TO BOOT CAMP NOW. WHAT HAPPENS IF U TWISTED UR TESTICLE AGAIN ON BOOT CAMP. U GONNA TELL UR DI SIR MY BALLS TWISTED SIR. U THINK THEY GONNA CARE?

jk ask to switch shipdates with someone im sure someone will want to ship out earlier

This torsion thing sounds like every guys worst nightmare..

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeBogenrief View Post
    This torsion thing sounds like every guys worst nightmare..
    YOU HAVE NO IDEA. It was THE WORST PAIN i have ever felt in my life.

Anyway, my recruiter said I can switch with someone, might leave in Janurary now but I can at least get a job, get my IST even higher than before and get a little more wisdom in about the Marine Corps. Hopefully my children won't be to messed up now haha

Quote Originally Posted by Steve018 View Post
    YOU HAVE NO IDEA. It was THE WORST PAIN i have ever felt in my life.

Anyway, my recruiter said I can switch with someone, might leave in Janurary now but I can at least get a job, get my IST even higher than before and get a little more wisdom in about the Marine Corps. Hopefully my children won't be to messed up now haha
    Nice man, good luck with that

That happened to me one time also. Before I went to the hospital I couldnt get out of bed for like 4 days and when I did I threw up everywhere. It healed on it's own, but to this day if I work out too hard then every once in a while it will hurt for a bit. Point is, after recovery while you're working out, if it starts to hurt just a little bit then STOP lol. You'll regret it.

I would look into the ship date being moved if you didnt feel comfortable also. Way better to be safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by younger223 View Post
    That happened to me one time also. Before I went to the hospital I couldnt get out of bed for like 4 days and when I did I threw up everywhere. It healed on it's own, but to this day if I work out too hard then every once in a while it will hurt for a bit. Point is, after recovery while you're working out, if it starts to hurt just a little bit then STOP lol. You'll regret it.

I would look into the ship date being moved if you didnt feel comfortable also. Way better to be safe than sorry.
    You sure you had a torsion? After 6 hours they would have had to remove the testicle.

Credits
    Savings
    A torsion, huh?

Maybe you can ship now and have a Drill Instructor kick you in the balls hard enough to fix that.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    DAMN sorry to hear about that dude, sounds nasty . Guess I'll be shipping alone then!

Thread Information