The Final Test For Marine Recruit Parents
Create Post

The Final Test For Marine Recruit Parents

Marine Corps Boot Camp is a real ordeal for recruits.
    And in my case at least, in a totally different manner, it can be a trial for the parents of the recruit as well.
    Click the link to see if I survived:

http://rightwingwizkid.blogspot.com/...t-parents.html

Congrats Parent of a MARINE!

YES!! Congrats to a parent of a UNITED STATES MARINE, Congrats S/F

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    From one Parent of a Marine to another welcome to family!

Yes.... you are soon to be the proud parents of a US Marine. When she gets home...give her a little space. Typically, a new Marine won't be the same person you sent to boot a while back.

Congratulations and tell your daughter a (old) SSgt said congrats and Semper Fi.

Marine Spouse Free Member USMC7DG's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Your story brought tears to my eyes. God bless you and your daughter. I am not a parent, but the man of my dreams is a Marine and I would have been just about as nervous as you were had I known him during boot.

Thank you for supporting your daughter through her decision to join, it's a huge sacrifice on both your (and your wife's) and her part.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome to the family Pop! You're one of the lucky parents that get to buy all the "My Daughter is a United States Marine" paraphenalia that's made and a little prouder cause your baby girl did something that a lot of men won't even TRY, much less ACCOMPLISH it!

Make sure she stops in when she gets home.

Congratulations to your Marine!

.... and a high-five from one Marine parent to another!!

Once all the ceremony is over and done, give your little girl a hug from her Dad.

Then shake her hand and tell her I said "Semper Fi Marine! Damn glad to have ya with us!"

Welcome to the family.

Oh course, you know, we will all be disappointed if you don't follow up with the blog.

I expect to see pictures of 3045 standing tall on the parade deck, as well as Mom and Dad standing proud with their Marine.

To Everyone:
    Thanks to all of you, and I will pass on your kind words.
    I will be sure to follow up with the blog, it may be a day or two after we get back before I get to it, we will all need some R&R.
    Speaking of which, I am going to hit the rack for a few hours myself, we are heading out to PI late tonight, and for us it will be about a 14 hour trip.
    Stay tuned!

CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the elite Marine Parent(s) family.

but and there is always a but Don't get to comfortable, boot camp was only a warm up of the emotions you will have and feel as your Marine continues her journey

Thread Information