Which MOS should I consider the most?
Create Post

Which MOS should I consider the most?

I am a senior in High School and I am picking my Mos in a week or two. I have been talking to my recruiter and he says I qualify for pretty much every electronics MOS. I am not really interested in the jobs he told me about for the electronics field. But these are some interesting jobs he did tell me about that I think are pretty cool, but I don't know which one would be the coolest one to have. He said Security Forces. I think it sounded the coolest out of all of them, but I didn't really understand him about it. I mean is it pretty much an MP or the same thing? Also he mentioned the Amphibious Assault Vehicle, the Abrams tank, and an other job that involved guarding nuclear missiles. If any Marines are on here that have had any of these jobs or know anything about any of them, could you give me any of your opinion's on which job I should look into the most. Thank you.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    In my personal opinion I would go with tracks/tanks (amphibious assault vehicle and abrams tank). I have a few good friends that are trackers and they love it. I hear all about what they do and it sounds like an absolute blast to me. Both are considered combat support, you get to do a lot of high speed training with the grunts but you are your own element. Tracks/tanks are a very tight knit community and once your in most stay in.

Just curious, have you gone through the whole process of taking the ASVAB and going through MEPS yet? If you haven't, you're not no poolee yet.
    Try doing some research on the MOS's you mentioned, and YOU decide from there which best suites YOU. It's YOUR life and YOUR Marine Corps career. Advice from other Marines is great, but in the end, YOU'LL have to decide which MOS is best for YOU, not what you think another Marine likes. What's fine for one Marine may not be fine for another.

Thread Information