i have a lot of questions
Closed Thread

i have a lot of questions

i just signed yesterday and i have a lot of questions i want to ask i will ask my recruiter when i can talk to him next but i just want a few opinions. so, one as i said i signed yesterday and i was talking to another poolee and he said i can back out before my ship date if i want to, is that true? second i signed with the mos of cambat support i wanted infantry they said i can change my mos if an infatry job opens up is that true and what are the chances? also they told me combat support is like tanks artillery and air traffic control is that true? and last at MEPS i met another person who was there from the same recruting station as me we won some money of a couple of national guard kids in poker and became friends the thing is he got disqualified in the medical portion for a minor thing and is going back down next week with the proper paperwork, he mentioned it as a joke when we were talking about the referal program cause all i need one more referal cause i have a kid from my lacrosse team last year that really wants to join as well and if i use the guy i met at MEPS that will give me two for the promotion, so is it still ok to try and use him as a referal or scince i didnt know him before he started talking to the recruiters is that agains the rules or law or somthing? thank you for for taking the time to read this and hopfully answer and help me out and sorry it is so long and so many questions

You don't have to go until you ship to boot camp, that is when you sign the next four years, or more, away. If you want to be a grunt, then wait and be a grunt. Combat support is like tanks, tracks, air traffic control, I think air defence and some other sh!t. It's the next four years of your life so do what you want to do. Being a grunt isn't bad even though it's probably not what you think it's going to be. If you're a boot a lot of cleaning, police calling and working parties are in your future.
    Yes, you can use him as a referal...along with any random person yoy can get to join.

You signed up to join the Marine Corps and you have no idea what that job entails? What were you thinking? You should get all your info lined up BEFORE you put pen to paper? What would you have done is combat support were just **** shovelers? Would you be happy with that for the next 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by brian0351 View Post
    You signed up to join the Marine Corps and you have no idea what that job entails? What were you thinking? You should get all your info lined up BEFORE you put pen to paper? What would you have done is combat support were just **** shovelers? Would you be happy with that for the next 4 years?
    no they explained to me what it was and i had a pretty good understanding and they said i could switch over if a spot opened up but i was looking on google for what the numbers were for the mos like 0300 is infantry i forgot what combat support was but i saw a lot of people who asked what combat support was and got a lot of different answers so i thought i would ask just to see what answers i got

Holy crap, use punctuation!

My eyes...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Beltayn View Post
    Holy crap, use punctuation!

My eyes...
    Not helpfull but thank you, i will fix that next time.

Just because you're not in high school anymore doesn't mean you stop using proper sentence structure like capital letters at beginning of sentences, capitalizing the letter "I", punctuation marks were needed and periods at end of sentences.
    It is very annoying to read one big long sentence and decide where one begins and one ends.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by RBrouse View Post
    GREAT attitude.

Kid, that Devildog was right. Whatever you wrote looked like diarreah. What you wrote would make a run-on sentance look constipated.

I would suggest you apologize to that Marine and thank him for his advice.

Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post
    Kid, that Devildog was right. Whatever you wrote looked like diarreah. What you wrote would make a run-on sentance look constipated.

I would suggest you apologize to that Marine and thank him for his advice.
    I second that.

i just signed yesterday and i have a lot of questions

You already MCFUC$ED UP

You know what I talked to my recruiter and he answerd my questions and thank you backhaus 1103 for actually answering. The questions i had came up after the fact and when I couldn't reach my recruiter, most of them came up from talking to another poolee and I just wanted to verify. So sorry for wasting your time with my horrible, and apparently blinding grammer. Beltayn sorry for hurting your eyes and thank you for helping me see i made a mistake. But I thought "Not helpfull but thank you, I will fix that next time." was a form of appology and would help deture people from making comments on my mistakes, one that I can not change. I was just looking for a little help from some of my hopfully future fellow marines. But I see that is almost impossible here so sorry for wasting your time. Good bye.

Young man, no Marine here said that you were wasting our time. As previously stated, it's annoying to read what you wrote without capital letters, punctuation marks were needed and periods at end of sentences.
    If you can't handle a bit of critcism here on the internet, then you're in for a rough time going through boot camp.

And when using the word Marines, it will be capitalized at all times.

Good gravy trains. I just skipped over pretty much the entire thing.

First, it's obvious you failed to read our site rules. They clearly state how you are supposed to write.

And quite frankly, lad, I don't give a rip if your little feelings are hurt. Be glad I wasn't online this weekend or this would have been deleted then.

You want to be part of the BEST there is, you'd better start acting like it. A half azzed job here tells most of us that there will be a half azzed job elsewhere as well.

No further commentary needed or neccessary. Locked for the good of the order.

Thread Information