Recon Wannabes... what to expect... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Recon

Thanks man that clears things up, i'll be ****ed if I don't get a chance at SOI, I'm all Gung Ho right now and I want to take advantage of it ha

At SOI as long as your ITB and not MCT you are suppose to get weekly opportunities to go to MART. Also even after SOI you can volunteer, after your first enlistment you can lat move into a RECON contract. If you want to be Recon then I am guessing your looking at career or long term Marines. Depending on your MOS you may have opportunities as well to volunteer or have your CO select you to go to Recon. As far as I am concerned Recon isnt my dream job. I want to become a HOG. If I have to do it through recon then that knocks out two brids with one stone but still.

Quote Originally Posted by bdalesvandy View Post
    My biggest fear at this point is that I pass Bootcamp and SOI, and then never get the opportunity to try out. I've heard many don't even get the chance to try out. I don't want to have to wait months or years if I could try now...
    I'm going for recon as well and NO ONE can deny you the right to try out for recon. Theres actually a link on the marines website with a phone number to call if anyone ever denys you the right.

If you already have a PMOS your CO can deny you. Now if he asks for volunteers or if there is need in your unit blah blah blah.... than theres an exeption. You wont get to try out if already a Marine if theres no reason to send you. Also you can be denied right to try out if you dont meet the regs for it. Always exceptions but the likely hood that you will get denied isnt high. If you have the time and opportunity take it. In the military unless your a ****bird, only you limit where you can go and what you can do. The skies the limit but only can set that limit for yourself. They arent gonna baby you if you want something make it known, meet the regs, try out, get in, and move on. If you dont... get into shape and work to meet your goals. Everyone asks unimportant things, that wont matter to you for a long time. Gotta take it one goal at a time but think about where you want to be and how you will get there. I have 6 different pipelines plotted according to things I want and the what ifs. I have plans for after I retire, I have plans for further edu. etc... Were all young and statistically incapable of thinking past two years.... Lets change that and not be someones bull **** statistic. Build a plan and make your goals. Set them, work to acheive and overcome. "Goals are dreams with deadlines" -Diana S. Hunt

Good Luck Devil Pups. Future is what you make of it and its YOUR life. Get what you want and find ways. Quiting isnt in the Marine Corps vocabulary!

Will you please ask your Recon Marine buddy this question for me?
    I really need to hear back ASAP, as I am kind of in a sticky situation here.
    What does the recon indoc consist of?

Indoc is basically a few days to a few weeks of hell. Lots of heavy physical training the point is to get you into shape for BRC. BRC Indoc is a day at the pool. Watch the first part of Surviving the Cut:Recon Marines and for Recon Indoc search up MART(Marines awaiting Recon Training) a good example to find is watch the documentaries on the begining of BUDs(first few weeks and hell week). That should give you an Idea. Ill ask him for details but that should get you started. Good Luck be back ASAP

LOL thanks for the reply.
    But I was under the impression that there was an initial indoc... and thennnnn you go to MART.

Look at Tony and Dorin, BFF's now! hahaha, to bad he's going to ITB with me.

But really, Recon sounds pretty dope.

bahah Tony is a good kid, and good in the pool.
    Jeff I hope we go to ITB together

Quote Originally Posted by Zumbii View Post
    bahah
    Jeff I hope we go to ITB together
    Would be nice to go knowing someone.

Ill search around and I am awaiting my source's reply.

RIP(Recon Indoc Program) sounds like what you were talking about with the whole indoc prior to MART. And from the sounds of it it is what you saw on STC: Recon Marines a few weeks ago. Its that day long plus indoc.

Quote Originally Posted by the802 View Post
    Look at Tony and Dorin, BFF's now! hahaha, to bad he's going to ITB with me.

THIS MEANS NOTHING!!!!! haha

Thread Information