Marine Detachment Marines
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation Marine Detachment Marines

Looking for Sea Duty Marines who served aboard USS Coral Sea CVA43 from 1970-1972, would like to correspond.

10 years time lapse but i'd bet most of what we remember about our little piece of that ship was identical. Only difference is maybe the office and that closet where the steam uniform press machine was set up. The press was extracted and became a shared berthing for the Gunny and 1stSgt, right there above a boiler. Marines were pumping out MCI's so fast that the office was revamped into an "overflow" NCO berthing and Admin was moved off to another part of the ship, i forget where. The guard shack was a few steps off the main mess deck and that entire vessel seemed sultry hot and not built for anybody over 5ft7 inches tall. Oh well it's all been reduced to manhole covers now

Credits
    Savings

Smile Coral Sea Marines

Were you 10 years before or after me, but I really enjoyed the time onboard, even when we were out for 54 Days in the Tonkin Gulf, and I have scar on forehead to atone for the 5'7" gangways, running through them in middle of night when GQ was sounded, running with my M-16, jumped to high and woke up in sick bay with about 10-12 stitches, ouch.

Have you made it to any of the Coral Sea ships reunions, I have not to much job interference.

1980, nope reunions, the Mardet guys are hard to gather, like a needle in the hay

Thread Information