Bootcamp Fun?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bootcamp Fun?

Arrow Bootcamp Fun?

Im leaving for bootcamp in about 4 days, and i hear how it sucks and your going to hate it. But what about some good times in bootcamp? Any Marines have any interesting or fun times during bootcamp?

your good time will be remembering what happen to you in Boot Camp after you Leave Boot Camp

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    boot camp sucks, but once you get used to the daily routine and getting slayed you will begin to have some fun with it/amuse yourself a bit. And then once you leave the depot you will look back on what a blast it was

Boot camp is not meant to be fun. It is meant to train you to be a US Marine. Don't be looking for fun. Save yourself the time...because you simply won't find anything that is one hell of a lot of fun. Expect hell and you won't be disappointed. As you approach graduation.... and your DI puts you into the pit (or whatever is used now).... you will find it is a bit of a joke because you will be in such good shape.... you will be easily doing what he demands.

Go earn your title. Then come back and tell us about the fun you found.
    Good Luck Poolee.

Swim Qual is fun, table 2 is a blast, getting mail is always a treat.

Well I know its gonna suck. But is everyday really going to be hellish? Or will there be somedays better then others?

Quote Originally Posted by MotivatedJake View Post
    Well I know its gonna suck. But is everyday really going to be hellish? Or will there be somedays better then others?
    It is hard, yes, but it's going to be exactly what you make of it. If you think it's "going to be hellish", then it will be.

And you're not there to have "fun". You are there to become a Marine and it's not easy lest everyone else would be doing it. It's tough for a reason.

1. Leaving that sh!t hole and never going back again (LOL if you get stationed there)
    2. Made some good friends there
    3. Rifle range was kind of fun at the time

I thought boot camp was pretty fun, personally.

The first month is "hellish" after that you live at work and get up early as **** and work weekends. That's basically boot camp. Nothing is really sweet, the range, for those who've shot before is just more shooting, it's a change in routine, but nothing special.

You'll learn that you can find opportunities to have fun moments after a while. Just gotta know when to do things and weigh the fun factor against the possible consequences. Sometimes you just say frak it and do it anyways, punishment be damned because hell, if the guy says he's small enough to fit in a footlocker then damnit, he's gonna put his money where his mouth is.

There's always fun to be had in bootcamp. It sucked and I wanted to get out the first two weeks, then I managed to have a good time. If you're not getting frustrated over **** you can't control then you will have enough presence of mind to realize how funny everything is.

As a generalization, many things that happen in the military are funnier/funner/better to speak about after the fact than when they are actually happening.

I didnt find anything funny about boot camp until months after I was out of boot camp. If you follow instructions and go in with a good working knowledge of the basic knowledge you should do fine..

It sucks but the little things are fun, like after lights talking with your rack mate and shooting the ****. Just dont get caught!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Having the time to take a good healthy,,,,,,,, Most fun I remember.

Thread Information