Wifes Mom told me I am Brainwashed
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wifes Mom told me I am Brainwashed

Not sure if this is the write aread to be posting this but Ill throw it out there. I have been out of the Marine Corps sence 05 and while in was in the Infantry. My wifes younger brother graduates from Air Force boot camp this week, and we will be going out to see him.

Now to the story at hand, my wifes mom informed me that he had called her from boot camp and asked her to send him brownies. And to make enough for everyone in the platoon to have some. I started laughing and informing her of what would happen if I recieved anything like that. She became enraged and started going on and on that the Marine Corps has brainwashed me into thinking its ok for us to believe that we ar better then every other branch of service.

Trying to tell her she has no legs to stand on, as being she has never served, she keeps going back to the brainwashing and countiuned to belittle me in my own home. Her husband and my wife both not knowing what to say just look on as I start to get angry Marine face. The conversation ended with me telling her she is welcome for my service, but to never speak that way again to me or anyother service member.

I understand that we all play for the same team and its just fun to rag on each other. This has been on my mind sence it happened and have tried to talk to her about it, but she refuses. Sorry for the long story, just needed to get it off my chest. Thanks for reading.

Marines are not brainwashed...they are brainflushed to get rid of all the useless crap in their brain housing group. Tell your mother-in-law she needs a complete brain enema...

She's proud of her son. You know what you are, hell, she knows what you are but she doesn't want nor need the spotlight taken away from her son.

Suck it up, don't separate yourself from your wife's family and don't force your wife to make choices.

I'm having a helluva time keeping a straight face as my daughter tells me about her boyfriend's trails and tribulations that he is presently going through in ANG bootcamp.

Shoulda told her to make you some brownies...

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Shoulda told her to make you some brownies...

Just saying.
    +1

Forget what I said, get the brownies.

I understand that she is pround of her son and so am I. How ever, I still feel that she has no clue what she is talking about. My wife knows where I am coming from due to living with me while I was stationed at Pendelton. I would never ask her to choose sides thats messed up.

Angry Marine face will have to stand fast and what for a nother time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Funny stuff. Kinda like my wife and how she feels about me bein on this site. "It was a long time ago,,,,Get over it" "Didn't you ever do anything else in your life?" Stuff like that. Pass the brownies,,,,,,,

Sounds to me like she is jealous because she knows you went to real boot camp and she realizes her son is at something more like a girl scout camp where instead of being turned into men, they're sitting around eating brownies. It makes her angry, but she isn't going to rag on her own son, so she instead takes it out on you.

Seriously, she is probably jealous.

attitude

It's not attitude we really are just that good lol.You never know it is the Air Force boot camp they will probably serve ice cream with brownies and have a party hold hands and sing kumbyya or something like that after all it is like summer camp in the Air Force isn't it they might even make smores.Semper Fi My wife is the same way till she met a bunch of Marines and found out it's not just me then my nephew came back from Boot Camp and informed the family that the Marines are not the just best we are the only fighting force lol.There goes the brainflushing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by blkhrt View Post
    She became enraged and started going on and on that the Marine Corps has brainwashed me
    Typical attitude from a person who doesn't have a clue. Don't let it get to you, if it ever comes up again just reminder her that she knows the truth deep inside. No words needs to be said on the matter, there's plenty of evidence since 1775 to back it up. And you can let her watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Bicfc9dp0

Credits
    Savings
    Images

wow

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    mother in laws
    I've had the same damm one for 39 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    Sgt. Hernandez, the WMarine in this video, came to an all hands pool function of ours in Massachusetts as a female DI. Small world.

Quote Originally Posted by blkhrt View Post
    She became enraged and started going on and on that the Marine Corps has brainwashed me into thinking its ok for us to believe that we are better then every other branch of service.

But we are better. So what's the problem?

My Dad has been telling me for almost 35 yrs I was brainwashed, he's retired military and just likes to bust my stones. He always tells me that anytime in WWII, Korea and Vietnam every time he ran into a Marine they would always bum a cigar off of him.

Thread Information