Tattoo Question w/ MEPS
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Tattoo Question w/ MEPS

I know there have been many questions of tattoos on this forum and many more on every other forum around.
    I have read just about everyone I can come across to find my answer, without luck. So I turn my question to you.

I have a tattoo that I have yet to tell my recruiter about just because of the location and what it is. Every time I am with my recruiter there is at least 4-6 others 2 of which being females. Not shy or anything just haven't felt like really dealing with any questions from others.

First let me say the tattoo is in no way or form racist sexist or racial or gender related. That being said the tattoo is of a "power button" similar to the look of a computer power button. Around it are the words "Turn me on". The tattoo is located directly under the front side of what would be my boxers. ABOVE the "junk", but below boxers "waste-line".

Would this tattoo DQ me? I plan on getting it covered with a small star just so I dont have to deal with it any longer. Is it possible to sharpy a star over it before going to meps to "cover it" and have them see it and get it approved there then get it "actually covered" after the fact?

You need to speak with your recruiter about it. Dont try any tricks with MEPS because they will catch you.

HA HA HA HA HA HA ...inhale... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I say dont do a damn thing and wait until your Drill Instructors see it during your first hygiene inspection

LOL. The things people do....

I don't think it's a DQ, but you really need to let the recruiter know, since ALL tats have to be waivered. The sooner you do so the better you'll be.

Can you have a friend record it when you tell your recruiter and post it on youtube?

I would definitely ask your recruiter. The Marine Corps Order states that you can't have any tattoos that are eccentric, offensive, or vulgar. Unfortunately that's open for interpretation

Thread Information