An unusual question concerning a tattoo.
Create Post

An unusual question concerning a tattoo.

I'm heading Parris Island on January 3rd for boot camp. I do have one tattoo on my chest that was borderline disqualifying, because of it's location on my chest. When I was at MEPS, before I swore in, the Master Sergeant inspected both my tattoos and deemed the one on my back acceptable and also the one on my chest acceptable after having me put on a short sleeve khaki(Charlie) without an undershirt, could not been seen(but just made it by a hair). Both tattoos were documented and deemed acceptable at that time.

Now here comes the dilemma, during my time in DEP, I've put on a significant amount of muscle on my chest and lost a good amount of fat as well, and I'm noticing as my chest is re-comping, the tattoo seems to be moving slightly as the skin is adjusting. My question is, since both tattoos were approved by the Master Sergeant at MEPS, is it possible I could be sent home from boot camp because the tattoo has slightly migrated upward and viewable in a Charlie w/o an undershirt or am I in the clear because both are already documented as acceptable by the MEPs liaisons?

I know it's a bit of an unusual situation and nit-picking, but this is what has me worried the most right now, because of how close it was before. I don't want to end up going to Parris Island and getting sent home during the uniform fitting. Anyone have any knowledge on how something like this might work out? Thanks in advance.

Ask your recruiter. The Marines here have no idea what will or will not happen when you go to MEPS again before you ship.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I would imagine you'd be okay, when you got MEPs before you ship you wont go through all the same inspections and health questions like before. You'll basically **** test and that's about it.

And also when you go to uniform fitting at the depot you don't strip down fully. When you pick up with your training platoon you will probably be inspected by your DI's, SDI, and Series Commander and they will see it and maybe question it but as long as you were cleared you'll be good.

Beyond that you need to speak with your recruiter if you feel its gonna be an issue

I concur.

Thread Information