Dropping the ball?
Create Post

Talking Dropping the ball?

Hello Marines, i was '"supposed' to leave for bootcamp at around 1100 this afternoon with a good friend of mine. I have been in the DEP for going on 6 months now and everything has gone smoothly. It was about 30 minutes prior to me taking my oath into the Marine Corps when i got the news that the shipment of recruites was over booked and they did not have enough beds for me. So long story short i had to drive the 2 hours home and i'm stuck here for another week until i'm able to ship out, it was just a huge inconvenience not only because i was in the "buddy program" but because my family has already taken vacation for my Dec. 3rd graduation. I felt that this was unproffesional and someone did the drop the ball and since i have a week to do nothing i was just wondering if these mistakes happen often in the Marines? Because when it comes down to it, it was just simply human error and everyone makes mistakes. Thank you for your time.

Welcome to the next 4 years of your life. SITFU is all I can tell you, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    Welcome to the next 4 years of your life. SITFU is all I can tell you, I guess.

That's what i figured, i appreciate it.

You do what they want, when they want you to do it.
    Semper Gumbi

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefart0369 View Post
    Sorry for the family inconvience.

Never ASSume anything in the Marine Corps.

Wait until you are sure you make it and are going to go and graduate before making plans.

You have been baptized by "Hurry Up and his brother Wait!"

There is always the what if's.

"You know what happens when you assume, you make an Ass of U and Me."

Good news is whoever was in charge of the mess up did relize it and i am now going in with a bonus. I'm not doing it for the money at all but waiting a week for 4,000 isn't anything to be too upset about.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Lesson. Understand it,,,,,,, And apply it to your life.

Dude sh!t happens. Its gonna happen a lot over the next 4+ years.

Haha it happens man, stay out of trouble this week. I wish I could have had an extra week off before boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by viper1833 View Post
    Haha it happens man, stay out of trouble this week. I wish I could have had an extra week off before boot camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    Dude sh!t happens. Its gonna happen a lot over the next 4+ years.
    **** does happen so it's really no problem and don't worry no trouble here all my close buds are already at PISC so the only thing i will be doing this week is waiting to leave and hooking up with the lady's before the dry months come!

Outstanding. Keep up the good attitude about it..and it was DECENT of them to give you the bonus....believe me, they didn't have to do that.

Don't do anything dumb in the next week and you'll be fine.

And it should be far enough out to have the relatives change plans with not that much of an issue...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Lep
    Don't do anything dumb in the next week and you'll be fine.
    Words to heed. Nuff said.

Didn't you learn all of this in MEPS?

Welcome to the wonderful world of the green weenie. Hopefully you'll see that four grand a month or two before your EAS.

Thread Information