Pre Ship Jitters!! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    I'm leaving either tomorrow or next week Monday (I wont know until tomorrow) and trust me, man, as tough as I consider myself to be, I'm nervous as hell as well. There's gonna be pain for us. You have to understand the REASON for the U.S. Military. Beyond the honor, the fancy uniforms and the benefits, and all that. The U.S. Military is America's line of defense against people who, simply put, want to kill us. The U.S. Marines are made for War. So they have to forge us tough, bro. They have to be mean to us, they have to destroy what we are and create us anew, because if we're soft and sentimental at the wrong moments, we could die. The quicker you realize that, the faster you understand WHAT we are getting ourselves into, the better you'll do in bootcamp. Recruiters are like...hmm..how should I put this? You know when you watch TV, and you see those "Come to California or Come to Jamaica" commercials? And they show only places like Malibu beach and Georgetown but not the poverty stricken areas like Compton? That's how it is. This isn't the Air Force, bro. This is the Marines..and whether you go in as a cook, or as an 03, the chance of us getting in a nasty firefight is ALWAYS there..and it is the Drill Instructor's Job to prepare us for that. So prepare for hell, for pain, for little happiness, and when you feel like you're about to quit, remember all those people who died in the Twin Towers who lost their lives to senseless violence. Think about the FAMILIES who have been TORN up by these sick FREAKS who would use KIDS as suicidal bombers to promote an insane IDEA. That's motivation enough for me. Go out there, with me, and don't quit. No matter how much pain they put in your body...push...find inner motivational music and push, because when we earn that Title, NOTHING anybody ever says can take that away. They can spit on our uniforms (once we earn it) but they will never take away our pride. Come back Marine. That should be motivation enough... it's ok to be nervous. I am too, and i've been preparing for months and months and months. And be LOUD. Sound OFF. YELL. Scream. That's what i'm going to do.

I gotta say, if that's not motivating, idk what it! Thank you for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan92 View Post
    I gotta say, if that's not motivating, idk what it! Thank you for that!
    Yut!

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Good to go, Kevin. lol My new ship-date is 20101115 though.
    See you at Parris Island.

yeah man that's a good thing. i think everyone gets it. Good luck!

Thread Information