What's my boot camp address?
Create Post

What's my boot camp address?

Hey everyone,
    I tried to do a search for this question since I figured it may have already been asked, but it seems the search feature isn't working properly at the moment.

How do I figure out my boot camp address? I'll definitely ask my recruiter after PT tomorrow, but if someone here can give me the answer just in case he doesn't know, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

It depends on which Recruit Depot you go to.

Recruit John E. Doe
    1st BN, Alpha Co. PLT _ _ _ _
    36001 Midway Ave
    San Diego, CA 92140 - (plus platoon #)

As an example. That is a sampler if you are going to MCRD SD. Not sure about PI though.

You won't find out until you're at boot camp. Recruiters find out your address by letter I think, and then they tell your family / friends / whoever you want

I'd say it doesn't even matter. You probably won't get mail until at least the 3rd week and by then you would have sent a letter to your NOK informing them that you are OK and that you love it there. But yeah it'll depend on where you'll live for 3 months.

Nobody is going to know where to send letters until you send some out. You've gotta' figure out what platoon, battalion, and company you're even with before you even know that. Stop worrying about it.

Thanks a bunch, folks. Good advice all around.

Thread Information