Could I wear my blues....? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    First time I read your post I thought its said you daughter wanted to wear your dress blues down the aisle. Lol. Anyway, absolutely go for it! If she's fine with it, then don't worry about looking better than the groom....weddings are for the bride, not the groom, anyway. This may even be a great excuse/motivation to lose a couple pounds!

Best to you daughter's wedding and new life!
    SF

Thanks Hussaf!

Semper Fi!

I was looking online for a set of blues and I see that this won't be cheap! I haven't even gotten to the cover and it is well over 600.00! (when I first did them years ago they cost me around 300.00!~ Sign o the times!

PS I KNOW I will look much better than the groom! LOL

Sounds to me like your daughter wants to be proud of her father when he walks her down the isle. Blues can be worn for formal events and parties, and a wedding is a formal event.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If my Dad was still alive and if I ever had/have a snowflakes chance in hell of ever getting married, I would have luuuuuuuuuuved for my Dad to wear his Blues.

Weddings are formal events (unless it's a Redneck wedding) and you would be totally within the regs to wear them. Go for it! AND take pics -

DO it.

And, as long as you don't need them (the blues) in, like, a week....hit up Ebay. Be patient, as long as you are not some huge (or tiny) size, you can put together a nice set for well under the cost.

However, fair warning, the closer you get to Marine Corps Ball time, the more expensive it will be...

Preacher, Marine84 and Sgt. Leprechuan, thanks for all the info! I was almost certain that I would be able to wear them for my daughters wedding, but wasn't 100% sure. and since I posted here there have been only two replies for "no". I am going to get on ebay to see if I can find a set.
    I would like to participate in a MC Ball at least once more before I go; kinda like a bucket list. LOL I am going to see if I can hook up with a recruiter and see if they can point me in the right direction. Who knows? Maybe next year I can do one more for old times sake!

Quote Originally Posted by DESwiger View Post
    Negative. Hollywood 1971. You must be thinking of some other good looking jarhead... ooorahh!
    Wait...

They make Jarheads that are not good looking?

Did I miss a memo or something?

'Tanker, glad to help! Also, you might consider hooking up with your local Marine Corps League. If you google that term you should be able to find a local post

Will do, Sgt. Leprechaun!
    Semper Fi!

Jarheadtanker, here's a link to the Marine Corps League Detachments in the state of New York.....

http://www.mcleague.com/mdp/index.ph...epartmentID=37

Thanks, WMarine! Looks like I am going to be very busy for a while!

The answer to all of your questions can be found here. The Permanent Marine Corps Uniform Board (PMCUB) provides basic guidance for the appropriate wear of uniforms by active duty, reserve, retired, and former Marines. Check out the regs using the link below:

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...20Uniforms.asp

Hey Jarheadtanker...I’m almost in the same boat as you. I'm 43 and planning my first wedding. Since my active enlistment in the Marine Corps (87'-91'), I have enlisted in the Army and Air Force. The other two services to meet college expectations and financial obligations. But, my fiancé wants me to wear my Dress Blues for 1991. Oh boy! I have gained a few extra pounds, but I know I can pull it off. My issue is that I have ALWAYS considered myself a Marine, regardless where or what I signed and for whatever reasons. I served in two combat tours in my 4-years with an honorable discharge. I would be honored and proud to wear THE UNIFORM again for this very special occasion. Can anyone out there give me direction as to why I cannot or should not wear THE UNIFORM. Please HELP!

Thread Information