Could I wear my blues....?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Could I wear my blues....?

My daughter tells me she wants me to wear my dress blues to walk her down the aisle on her wedding day. I am in good shape and won't look unsat in my blues although I am no longer as super lean as I was back in those days. I have gotten some folks telling me I should do it and I would really love to but I just want to make sure that this wouldn't be violating any USMC etiquette. Can any fellow leathernecks advise?

Semper Fi, brothers!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    It's what your daughter wants. But is there not a Wedding Etiquette guideline, Thou Shalt Not Outshine the Groom.

Credits
    Savings
    It is their day, not yours.

Agree'd, its their day, all the attention is for them
    Just tell your daughter, You cannot wear the uniform, unless, its some sort of Veterans Day parade.
    When I got home from Bootcamp, on leave afterwards, my Mother begged me to wear my Dress A Uniform to her church.
    I felt a little self concious, because we were supposed to wear them only for official use and going to and from duty stations. I couldnt wait to get out of that church fast enough!

Go for it. Wear your Blue's. That is what you daughter want's, so go ahead. No harm done.

Yes you can. Someone posted the reg here not too long ago.

A Former Marine is authorized to wear the dress blues for formal occasions. Marine Ball, National Holidays, Funerals and weddings (I think). I've seen many Marines do it. Hell my friend's dad who got out in '74 wore his to his son's wedding.

Yes you can

As long as it fits and you look presentable by all means if it is her wish then do it for her you can only do so many things for them. Nothin looks better than a Marine in dress blues.

I was told in Bootcamp you could wear it whenever you wanted as long as it's in regs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarheadtanker View Post
    My daughter tells me she wants me to wear my dress blues to walk her down the aisle on her wedding day. I am in good shape and won't look unsat in my blues although I am no longer as super lean as I was back in those days. I have gotten some folks telling me I should do it and I would really love to but I just want to make sure that this wouldn't be violating any USMC etiquette. Can any fellow leathernecks advise?

Semper Fi, brothers!
    Honorable discharge, good to go, Semper Fidelis.

go for it as long as everything fits and hell if your daughter wants it it's all good

I am 56 years old, honorably discharged in 1981. I am very conchase of the regs and continue to get advise from active duty remington raiders (office pers.). The latest was a WO who dressed me down and approved. I wear mine for the TN State Honor Guard and any honorable event possible. They must well kept and conform but do your family proud and show off for all those who did not make it back to. Semper Fi...

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention that I did tell my daughter that I wasn't comfortable with doing this since I don't want to steal any attention from her that day; even for a milisecond. (her groom is a different matter, but we won't talk bad about who I lovingly call "fat-ass")! LOL She tells me that if it is her day, then she wants me in blues. I guess what daddy's girl wants, she gets.
    I will be getting my blues out of storage and updated. polish everything up n all.
    I appreciate the feedback people. I am an honorably discharged, extremely proud member of this old fraternity.
    Take care, everyone!
    Semper Fi !

You look awful familiar, devil dog. Did you go to boot camp in PI in late 1988?

Negative. Hollywood 1971. You must be thinking of some other good looking jarhead... ooorahh!

Thread Information