Anyone going in PFC? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    College graduate. PFC here I come!

~Burke

Im pretty sure I am getting PFC for college credits, thats what the MEPS Liason told me, he put in the paperwork for it last time I was at MEPS.

I'm tutoring two wannabes for the ASVAB - if they score over 45 (one scored a 20, and the other score a 36 on the Enlistment Screening Test), they'll count as my referrals. The 3 people I've sent to MEPS so far have all gotten temporary DQ's because of pre-existing medical conditions, or something involving misdemeanors that they have to get cleared up... All I need are two! JUST TWO!

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post
    I'm tutoring two wannabes for the ASVAB - if they score over 45 (one scored a 20, and the other score a 36 on the Enlistment Screening Test), they'll count as my referrals. The 3 people I've sent to MEPS so far have all gotten temporary DQ's because of pre-existing medical conditions, or something involving misdemeanors that they have to get cleared up... All I need are two! JUST TWO!
    Haha wow. Both of mine had ASVAB of about 95

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm going in PFC, in the process of getting my associates...no referals

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    I was supposed to go in as Contract Pfc, but the second dude I had reffered decided to change his mind at the last moment.
    Gotta update this...Going in Pfc due to college credits. Didn't know until I was doing my preship forms and Gunnery Sergeant told me "E2 dumbass, you've got college credits, right?" So yeah...Pfc!

Yeah I just got my second refferal last weekend

Im going in PFC due to college credits also and working on finding more poolees now i have 2 possibles talking to my recruiter now!

i ship 20110501

I have 2 years JROTC so im going in PFC

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Both of my refferals going to MEPS tuesday. Got a pretty sweet gym bag for some reason for it. Wish me luck.

I've got one that just went to meps, waiting on the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Both of my refferals going to MEPS tuesday. Got a pretty sweet gym bag for some reason for it. Wish me luck.
    That's pretty cool. Couple of kids from my RS couldn't DEP in because of their Tats so they went down the block to the army...both of them passed by the other day and they had army backpacks. Hadn't even taken their oaths yet. Smh. I got a pretty cool Marine Corps Skullcap (wearing right now) and Gunny gave me his Marine Corps jacket/sweater, but I've only seen one person from my RS get a bag...this girl Mariah (she's a Marine now) I want one. Gimme yours. lol

Sadly no. All my friends are losers.They all have themselves convinced that they are going to go to a junior college, transfer to SDSU, and graduate with Bachelor's. Yeah right. They all have this notion that it's 1917, and the Marines are cannon fodder, and they charge open battlefields into heavy MG fire. I got a non-combat MOS (by choice) but they still think I'm going to be coming home in a flag draped box, or racking up a bodycount standing in a pile of grenade pins and spent shell casings. If I do, then at least it was something I wanted to do, and not live life full of regret. That's their choice, and even if somehow I don't hack it, and don't become a Marine, at least I can say I attempted to do more than most of them would have ever done. And to make matters worse, some random kids at my school have started calling me baby killer, and one girl (major hippie) said "I hope you go to Iran (WTH?) and come back in a bodybag." I shrug it off, and go about my business. Don't wanna stoop to their level.

Quote Originally Posted by DudefromDiego View Post
    Sadly no. All my friends are losers.They all have themselves convinced that they are going to go to a junior college, transfer to SDSU, and graduate with Bachelor's. Yeah right. They all have this notion that it's 1917, and the Marines are cannon fodder, and they charge open battlefields into heavy MG fire. I got a non-combat MOS (by choice) but they still think I'm going to be coming home in a flag draped box, or racking up a bodycount standing in a pile of grenade pins and spent shell casings. If I do, then at least it was something I wanted to do, and not live life full of regret. That's their choice, and even if somehow I don't hack it, and don't become a Marine, at least I can say I attempted to do more than most of them would have ever done. And to make matters worse, some random kids at my school have started calling me baby killer, and one girl (major hippie) said "I hope you go to Iran (WTH?) and come back in a bodybag." I shrug it off, and go about my business. Don't wanna stoop to their level.
    dang that sucks but what can you do besides love them for using the priveleges of freedom of speech that we'll fight for. I had one chick walk up to a group of us after PT and call us murdures and one guy who just left this monday who is a PT stud and just a big scary looking guy walk up to her hug her and said I love you for using your right of freedom of speech and I will give my life so you can talk all the **** you want without giving yours, it was so funny just to see her confusion and for her just to turn around and walk away as we all smiled and waved to her

also all my friends are losers too out of my entire graduating class 1 went army 2 went navy(1ROTC the other nuculear engeniring) 1 went airforce (ROTC) and 1 went marines(me)

Thread Information