Leg Tattoos on a Female Marine
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Leg Tattoos on a Female Marine

I'm planning on making the Marine jump by next summer. I just read the dress regulations, since I'm planning on getting my next tattoo in a few weeks and I was wondering if a medium/large tattoo on my lower leg would disqualify me for enlistment.

Since joining the Marines is more important than a tattoo, I'd like to know if I should reconsider.

Thanks in Advance!

C

Look it up, it's been covered numerous times.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sorry! Almost right after posting this I found an article! I guess I jumped the gun a little!

This topic has been covered many times before like polizei mentioned....and how about filling about your profile so the Marines here know who they are talking to.

And here's my 2 cents on getting a tattoo............
    DO NOT get a tattoo of any kind, especially on your leg, if you want to become a Marine.

wait til you've graduated at least

and make sure it's not cheesy. like a dolphin or tribal or something. anything but that would be pretty hot

I like these better, though...not visible in uniform.

I'd wait to get your tat after BC as well. Just don't get the typical boot camp scar at a slum Jacksonvile parlor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post

I like these better, though...not visible in uniform.
    One more cheeseburger and her button would knock his cover off.

..and just to be safe, I wouldn't get anything that's visible in PT gear. Your recruiter will know what that qualifies as. The rules aren't quite that strict, but if you ever want to be an officer someday you will be DQ'd.

Agreed. A 'leg sleeve' would be bad. So would ANYthing visible in a skirt, truth be told. Deaths' heads, flames, 'slippery when wet' etc etc etc. All really BAD ideas.

The legs on that WM....yeek.

BR, I concur LOL.

BTW where did that photo come from? Is the Sgt doing a skirt measurement or what?

Wait until after you graduate. My first was in MOS school, then one where ever I was stationed (for the most part). Tat regs were different, then, though. So, just wait until you are a Marine. You will hate yourself if that tat is the only thing that stops you.

Last edited by TLove250; 09-04-10 at 11:57 AM. Reason: missing word

Don't get the tattoo. Your no longer allowed to get tattoos that show in pt gear. And even females are allowed to get tattoos on their feet anymore if they show while in the pumps for our dress uniforms. If you get it before you go in you may be able to get a waiver and still get in but there's no guarantee. And you can't get one after you get out of bootcamp either. I've been seeing a lot of females getting the tattoos on their sides now. Most of those tattoos are from the chest all the way to the hip. You can still get that or anything on your back or high on your arms close to your shoulders. I know it sucks, I was thinking about getting a small tattoo on my foot and no longer can without getting a page 11.

Hope this was helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by aabeckman View Post
    Your no longer allowed to get tattoos that show in pt gear.!
    Please re-read the Maradmin.

Thread Information