What are you looking forward to?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are you looking forward to?

Ok, so besides the obvious (becoming a Marine), what are you guys looking forward to in the Marine Corps? Anything from seeing the world to wearing those Dress Blues. I know there are a TON of things, but choose something that sticks out.

Just one of the many

Just knowing that i did something for my country i mad a difference and did something with my life better then owning a buisness or anything like that ill know for the rest of my life that i earned the title of United States Marine....

Some of the things I'm looking forward to, other than the given reasons why I've joined the Marine Corps, are definitely the Dress Blues, the people I'll meet, the places I'll go, and all the opportunities (i.e. marksmanship training, MCMAP, etc.) that I'll have that I wouldn't otherwise in the civilian world or even in another branch of the military.

I've also never lived anywhere else than Anchorage, and I'm definitely looking forward to whatever duty station I end up at (crossing my fingers for Pendleton).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve018 View Post
    Ok, so besides the obvious (becoming a Marine), what are you guys looking forward to in the Marine Corps? Anything from seeing the world to wearing those Dress Blues. I know there are a TON of things, but choose something that sticks out.
    Hell, I'm looking forward to that Warrior's Breakfast after the Crucible! Makes me hungry just thinking about it! But what's not to look forward to? There's too many things to mention! We'll be Marines!!

The challenge, pride, and actually doing something with my life. I dont want to live with some job that doesn't matter. I want to make a difference and be a part of what is happening in the world

Quote Originally Posted by wilsontc11 View Post
    The challenge, pride, and actually doing something with my life. I dont want to live with some job that doesn't matter. I want to make a difference and be a part of what is happening in the world
    That would probably exactly be mine. It was either be a Bob with a suit in tie in a cubicle or a Marine with a uniform making difference.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm kind of short term, but I'm actually looking forward to to boot camp kicking my a$$, but hey, that's just me. I love a good challenge.

These are what I am looking forward too.
    1. the crucible
    2. if given the chance... giving 170% at BRC
    3. never quiting
    4. People I will meet
    5. Becoming a man who knows how to do just about anything so when I have a boy of my own I can teach him everything.
    6. Lots of suck
    Why join the Corps if you don't want things to suck? Alot of it is going to suck, so I'll just look forward to it, and when it does suck I'll say to myself "This is what I wanted"

Honestly, Im excited about some wierd things. Such as: Starting up an aircraft (I will be and aircraft mechanic). Most of all I am excited to see how quick I move up in rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumbii View Post

Why join the Corps if you don't want things to suck? Alot of it is going to suck, so I'll just look forward to it, and when it does suck I'll say to myself "This is what I wanted"
    I love that attitude. I think a lot of people dont realize that even though its goin to be fricken great being in the Marine Corps, there will be a lot of days where things just suck. Thats why its key to have low expectations, high hopes and realize that the Marine Corps doesnt guarantee ANYTHING.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was a city kid,,, Canton, Ohio.Left at 17. Starting in "69 been to,,, P.I., LeJeune, Diego, 29 Stumps, Pendleton, Oki, Tiawan, Phillippines. Japan, Viet Nam, Hawaii, Guam, Midway, Fairbanks, And 1 stop in Pakistan from the Indian Ocean. You all MIGHT have something to look forward to. Oh, yea,, flew outta March and Travis. [ SO much to remember]. I envy your future.

Shooting all the guns will probably be pretty cool.

Joining the Marine Corps is definitely about the personal challenge and knowing that I was apart of something bigger than myself. I mean, not many people on this planet are lucky enough to call themselves Americans. Even fewer have earned the title. If I had to choose a "Top 5 List" it would probably go (in no particular order):

1. Standing on the yellow footprints
    2. Trying my first MRE
    3. Writing/Receiving letters (I don't think I can remember ever having written an actual letter)
    4. The Crucible
    5. Drill Instructors (As mean as I KNOW they'll be, I can't help but respect them. In my eyes a Marine Corps DI is perfect in every way and something I will strive to mimic)

Awesome lists from everyone here.

For me they are:

1) Crucible. Honestly, this will be the hardest thing I'll ever have done in my life if I beat it. All the training, PT, soreness, mental preparation and everything else leading up to that is the experience I can't wait to endure.

2) Getting handed that EGA. Wow, nothing else will ever compare.

3) Seeing the world! Where ever I am needed, I will be there.

4) Getting in the best physical shape of my life. I was pretty much always a lazy kinda guy, never did much in terms of fitness. That was, until a few months ago... Woooow, what a difference!

5) Life long friends, being part of a brotherhood. Again, nothing can compare to the people I will meet.

~Burke

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    What am I looking forward to the most?... THE PRIDE! Yes, I know that I have to earn the EGA first before I can wear the Dress Blues but, the first time we put those on, I bet the feeling will be indescribable. I was at my grandparents this evening, my grandpa and I were talking and well, he began to tear up. He followed up with, "I'm so proud of you, because you have plans of making something with yourself." That remark made me feel on top of the world I guess cause well, you just have to know him.

Thread Information