can you wear glasses and try to become a recon marine
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

can you wear glasses and try to become a recon marine

title says it all my question is that i wear glasses and i am interested in trying out for recon. i wanted to know if i am eligable if i wear glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by bnadio View Post
    title says it all my question is that i wear glasses and i am interested in trying out for recon. i wanted to know if i am eligable if i wear glasses.
    Why not.

Please capitalize the M in Marine.

You need to find the current USMC regs. I am not sure you can wear them.

I do not keep up todate on these regs but over the years I have read several different versions of the eye requirements.

20/20 with minimal correction allowed is pretty standard. Laser surgery OK as long as it gets you to 20/20.

and then I came across this:

• Possess a 1st class swimmer qualification.
    • Obtain a first class score on the PFT.
    • Have 20/200 near visual acuity or visual acuity not to exceed 20/400 with a completed PRK eye surgery. Normal color vision is recommended, but not required provided the Marine can complete a vivid red and vivid green recognition test.
    • Complete Marine Rifleman Course.
    • Assigned as a primary Military Occupational Specialty to entry-level Marines and obtain a manager-approved lateral-move.
    • Marines who graduate from the Basic Reconnaissance Course (BRC).
    • Volunteers from any MOS may be certified for AMOS only by Recon unit commanders after attending the SRC or through MOJT at a BRC endorsed unit-training program to include 6 months in an MOS 0321 billet.
    • Be eligible for a secret security clearance.
    • Be selected for and graduate from the Marine Special Operaations School (MSOS).

Thread Information