Can i take the ASVAB again while in the DEP?
Create Post

Can i take the ASVAB again while in the DEP?

Hello Marines,

Just had a quick question. I took my first ASVAB about 2-3 months ago and got a 52. I didn't study because i was going to join the Marines as 03XX, but i changed my mind and now i'm look at a (AF) Contract.

My GT score was fine but my MM score were some points off of what was required to do Aviation. My recruiter is scheduling a trip to MEPS to get me in the system and to swear in.

I was just wondering, can i sign an open contract, then while im in the DEP take my ASVAB again and when i get the required score try to change from open contract to (AF)?

I'm just seeing if this is possible because i want to go to MCRD PI as soon as possible and i don't want to wait extra months to ship off.

Thanks for the help Marines.

First off, thinking that going in as a grunt means you shouldn't study is ridiculous. Some grunts are dumb as a box of hair, some are highly intelligent. Why encourage the former stereotype when the latter is beneficial to all?

Your ship date is dependent on many things including the kind of contract you sign and where you are. Your recruiter is the only one with enough details on the specifics of your package that can answer this question. But get it into your head that not studying, be it in the Marine Corps or out in the real world, is just plain dumb. Especially if you're working on machines that people put their lives on.

Thread Information