Results 1 to 3 of 3
09-01-10, 11:08 PM #1
can you wear glasses and try to become a recon marine
title says it all my question is that i wear glasses and i am interested in trying out for recon. i wanted to know if i am eligable if i wear glasses.
09-01-10, 11:14 PM #2
09-02-10, 08:36 AM #3
You need to find the current USMC regs. I am not sure you can wear them.
I do not keep up todate on these regs but over the years I have read several different versions of the eye requirements.
20/20 with minimal correction allowed is pretty standard. Laser surgery OK as long as it gets you to 20/20.
and then I came across this:
- Possess a 1st class swimmer qualification.
- Obtain a first class score on the PFT.
- Have 20/200 near visual acuity or visual acuity not to exceed 20/400 with a completed PRK eye surgery. Normal color vision is recommended, but not required provided the Marine can complete a vivid red and vivid green recognition test.
- Complete Marine Rifleman Course.
- Assigned as a primary Military Occupational Specialty to entry-level Marines and obtain a manager-approved lateral-move.
- Marines who graduate from the Basic Reconnaissance Course (BRC).
- Volunteers from any MOS may be certified for AMOS only by Recon unit commanders after attending the SRC or through MOJT at a BRC endorsed unit-training program to include 6 months in an MOS 0321 billet.
- Be eligible for a secret security clearance.
- Be selected for and graduate from the Marine Special Operaations School (MSOS).
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)