Civilian boot camp program at Camp Pendleton?
Create Post

Civilian boot camp program at Camp Pendleton?

Good Afternoon Marines!!

I have posted on this site before looking for advice in joining the Corps.

Is there some kind of program for civilians who have made mistakes in the past that involves some form of multiple levels of boot camp that takes place at Camp Pendleton? And if so does this program allow you to become a Marine?

Background on this:

My girlfriend's sister has two kids with a man (if you can call him that) and they recently split up for good now and he has deserted his kids claiming that he is in CA at Camp Pendleton in some kind of program, similar to the one I described above, trying to better himself. Now the attorney general has confirmed that is where he is and that he is working through this program and working towards becoming a Marine.

Update:

For those Marines who gave me advice on my previous posts I would like to tell you that through my being persistent I now have the opportunity to submit a waiver kit and plan to do so in October. I have been attending the DEP as a guest since late April and doing community service as often as possible in order to better my chances of getting my waiver approved.

Thank you in advance for any info anyone has on this subject!

There are only two Marine Corps Boot Camps. One is in San Diego, Ca. and the other is at Paris Island.

Get the name of the program from the AG...which that in itself seems a bit odd to me. There is a Devil Pups program at Pendleton, it's a boot camp-ish type of thing...but it's only to kids up to 17.

I have tried looking it up online and have found nothing that even sounds like a similar program.

The only reason the attorney general is involved is because of child support that she recently filed for that he has yet to pay. I will definitely try to find out the name of this program though as that will make finding info on it much easier. Unfortunately I can not contact the AG directly as I am not involved in their case.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH240 View Post
    Good Afternoon Marines!!

I have posted on this site before looking for advice in joining the Corps.

Is there some kind of program for civilians who have made mistakes in the past that involves some form of multiple levels of boot camp that takes place at Camp Pendleton? And if so does this program allow you to become a Marine?

Background on this:

My girlfriend's sister has two kids with a man (if you can call him that) and they recently split up for good now and he has deserted his kids claiming that he is in CA at Camp Pendleton in some kind of program, similar to the one I described above, trying to better himself. Now the attorney general has confirmed that is where he is and that he is working through this program and working towards becoming a Marine.

Update:

For those Marines who gave me advice on my previous posts I would like to tell you that through my being persistent I now have the opportunity to submit a waiver kit and plan to do so in October. I have been attending the DEP as a guest since late April and doing community service as often as possible in order to better my chances of getting my waiver approved.

Thank you in advance for any info anyone has on this subject!
    What is your interest in this scum bag?

"My girlfriend's sister"

He may be trying to help her out.
    I have tried looking it up online and have found nothing that even sounds like a similar program.

The only reason the attorney general is involved is because of child support that she recently filed for that he has yet to pay. I will definitely try to find out the name of this program though as that will make finding info on it much easier. Unfortunately I can not contact the AG directly as I am not involved in their case.
    She should have an attorney working on the child support case. It's that attorney's responsibility to get this kind of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    What is your interest in this scum bag?
    Well sir my interest is not really with this scum more with if this program exists. Though I do hope this scum either gets it together and becomes a father like he should be or just get the hell out of their life for good. I am still actively seeking enlistment into the Marine Corps and if my waiver kit is denied (which there is a good chance that it will be) I want to know if this program exists as a potential back up plan.

Quote Originally Posted by FattyTheFerret View Post
    "My girlfriend's sister"

He may be trying to help her out.
    She should have an attorney working on the child support case. It's that attorney's responsibility to get this kind of information.
    I completely agree with you sir. Unfortunately she does not have enough money to afford an attorney. So all she has been able to do is just file for the child support and wait.

Well sir my interest is not really with this scum more with if this program exists. Though I do hope this scum either gets it together and becomes a father like he should be or just get the hell out of their life for good. I am still actively seeking enlistment into the Marine Corps and if my waiver kit is denied (which there is a good chance that it will be) I want to know if this program exists as a potential back up plan.
    So basically this program is some sort of thing to help people get into the Marines? I've never heard of anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaSurf View Post
    So basically this program is some sort of thing to help people get into the Marines? I've never heard of anything like that.
    Yes sir that is my understanding though it may a program for civilians who either need help with issues or maybe a fitness program with an option to enlist at the end. Does anything like that exist that you know of?

Thread Information