Letter from a congressman
Create Post

Letter from a congressman

I recieved a honorable discharge in Oct 2009 from Parris Island boot camp. I was required to wait 6 months before attemping the reentry code(re-3f failure to qualify with a M16A2), and now found out I need a letter from my congressman to even be considered for reenlistment. I have written him and am hoping to get another recommendation from an officer. Any wisdom about how effective this is on reenlistment or anything else I can do to improve my chances is much appreciated.

Credits
    Savings
    You get an honorable for Maggie's Drawers?

No! Just general entry level separation failure to qualify with an M16A2. Also, my parents knew people who pushed my along out of there since they do not want me in the Marine Corps. Becoming a Marine is a step above everything I know I could do and it's all I want to do so I'll fight for it (won't be letting the folks involved this time).

Don't go blaming your parents that they helped get you discharged from boot camp. YOU were the one who failed to qualify on the rifle range, not your parents.

Yeah, I'm not buying it. Your parents were able to influence you getting kicked out? Unless they have serious political connections or have brass on their shoulders then I'm calling shens.

Thread Information