Seventeen Soon to be a Marine, and need running advice
Create Post

Seventeen Soon to be a Marine, and need running advice

I want to be a marine so bad! I graduated from Young Marines at the top of my class competing against many male figures. I made honor recruit and had the highest EST test score average of 98.5%. I have been training for the physical asspect for a year and a half and still nervous. I can hang for 46 sec. and I can do 1 chin up. I love running but find it hard to push myself and do more then just a mile and a half. My time for that is 15:30. I need some tips on how I can push myself to do three miles in less then 31 minutes. I would even like to do it in less then 28 minutes, which is the guys time. I can do more then 50 crunches in 2 minutes, so I am good there. I have been lifting a lot of weight and working muscles I never knew was there. I am mentally prepared for this as well. Running is the only issue I have.

Young Lady if you want to be a Marine that is great, you need to talk to a coach at your school they may be able to help you with what you want. There is noting stopping you but yourself.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=93171

Thread contains some great advice on increasing running times

I have been wanting to be a Marine for two years now. Unfortunetly my parents aren't behind me 100%. Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by MarineWomen View Post
    I have been wanting to be a Marine for two years now. Unfortunetly my parents aren't behind me 100%. Thank you sir!
    You'll be 18 in a year and able to make your own choices. You have to prepare and live your own life. Trust me, once you finally become a Marine, your parents will be behind you 110+%. They're just scared.

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    You'll be 18 in a year and able to make your own choices. You have to prepare and live your own life. Trust me, once you finally become a Marine, your parents will be behind you 110+%. They're just scared.
    I doubt that. They haven't ever supported me in any of my decisions. But thank you Ma'm

Quote Originally Posted by MarineWomen View Post
    I doubt that. They haven't ever supported me in any of my decisions. But thank you Ma'm

Well, then don't worry about them. Focus on yourself and what you want.

But at the same time, don't be so hard on your folks. It may seem like they're not supporting you, but they most likely are. They just don't want you to get hurt.

My son -- 17 -- says the same thing about me. Obviously he's full of it because I've always supported every hairbrained idea he's had but that's what he thinks. Nothing I can do to change his mind but I continue to support him and I'll remind him of it when I become smart again.

Young lady, tdrt is correct and if you wish to join her and a lot of WM like tdrt you need to keep going with what you have started don't let anyone or anything get in your way. Strong Mind Strong Heart. You can do it if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    Young lady, tdrt is correct and if you wish to join her and a lot of WM like tdrt you need to keep going with what you have started don't let anyone or anything get in your way. Strong Mind Strong Heart. You can do it if you want it.
    I looked on her profile and she is one acomplished women. She is my role model. And believe me, my mother not aupportig me has made me want it even more. Thank you sooo much!

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    Well, then don't worry about them. Focus on yourself and what you want.

But at the same time, don't be so hard on your folks. It may seem like they're not supporting you, but they most likely are. They just don't want you to get hurt.

My son -- 17 -- says the same thing about me. Obviously he's full of it because I've always supported every hairbrained idea he's had but that's what he thinks. Nothing I can do to change his mind but I continue to support him and I'll remind him of it when I become smart again.
    Well my mom tries everything to talk me out of it as much as possible. Haha did you stress enough to your son, that you do support him all the way?

Thread Information