MOS 65xx AViation Ornance
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

MOS 65xx AViation Ornance

Hello Marines. i checked the site but couldnt find much about the mos, i was just wondering if anyone here was 65xx if so, Did you like the MOS? what did your typical day consist of, and did you work on harriers or helo's? this might be my mos and it really interests me, any information will help.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Funny..............when I spelled ORDNANCE correctly and did a search for AVIATION ORDNANCE, low and behold all kinds of threads pop up. There is even one thread titled AVIATION ORDNANCE just for your perusal.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Funny..............when I spelled ORDNANCE correctly and did a search for AVIATION ORDNANCE, low and behold all kinds of threads pop up. There is even one thread titled AVIATION ORDNANCE just for your perusal.
    lol, sorry i didnt realize i left the d out

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    but also there isnt anything relating to my questions, only talks about the mos school length

I was Ordnance back in late 80's. Had a blast. Worked on F-18 gun systems. If you have questions PM me.

I'm a Sgt looking to lat move into the 65XX field. Just wondering how long the schools last, and how hard they really are. Also would like some input on what a Sgt does day to day and how long it would take me to get caught up once I hit the fleet again.

Didn't even spell ordnance correctly, looks like you will fit in just fine haha.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You can end up doing a lot in the Ordnance field. Depends on what you end up doing depends on what you'll end up doing everyday. You could be the one who builds 'em/loads 'em/"guards" 'em/does maintenance on racks (piece between the wing of the plane and the bomb)/work on the guns.

Me - went to A School (lasted about 3 or 4 months), at the end of it we were told to forget everything that we had been taught. Then I got sent to Mayport, FL for a missile/rocket "school" (only lasted about a month MAYBE), then I went to El Toro to a Maintenance Squadron and worked on racks. I only got to build up maybe once a year.

Thread Information