Just Got My MOS Secured!! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Someone in the band can't. Band is almost an entirely different entity. But food services, data systems, admin, they all can. Passing the indoc weeds out all those who can't make it. From what I was told by my PMI who is a Scout/Sniper Instructor and an Operator, anyone can try out, with approval from CoC. Odds are you won't get approved unless you're a **** hot Marine and your MOS can afford to let you go.

My recruiter was pushing me for a while to take the Intel mos. I could've had that or field radio operator. So I just ended up going with Intel. Didn't really and don't really know if I care for the mos. Guess ill find out at or after mos school. But congrats on getting the mos you wanted. When's your ship date?

Quote Originally Posted by dionna23 View Post
    Yea! I've always ALWAYS wanted to be a Spook! lol. (thats what my mom calls ppl in the CIA] And yea I would have been pretty dissapointed if i wouldn't have been able to get it. My asvab was only a 79. Alot of the Guys I've met who are joining want to do infantry. Why do you want to do that? (Totally not being a smart ass, just curious as to why]
    Because the Marine Corps tends to attract a lot of gung ho, adventerous young dudes. I myself want infantry and always have. I wouldn't pick any other job over it, or some other infantry related job.

And hey, it's better this, because someone's gotta do it, so it's better to have people join and pick it than people join and be forced into it

@ScarSniper: dude, you called her "bro" haha

I am active. Im sorry if i got the wording wrong. I do not know my exact MOS. My Job is just in the "Intelligence" field. Excuse me. Sorry =\
    No you said it correctly. 0200 is "General Intelligence Marine". The last two digits will change at MOS school when you pick your final MOS within the Intelligence field

I thought I had responded to this but apparently my iPhone doesn't get the greatest reception on the beach here so let me try this again.

Be an 03 if that's what you really want to do. Serving as an 03 is an admirable and challenging "version" of the Corps, no doubt. There are plenty of grunts out there who will say pogs don't do ****, etc but the fact of the matter is, they saw combat in Iraq, and see combat in Afghanistan. It's not all jelly donuts and AC'd trailers.

Anyhow, the Band is almost an entirely different branch of the military. As far as I know they wouldn't be able to try out for indoc, but I might be wrong. According to my PMI, who is a Scout/Sniper Instructor and an Operator, pretty much any Marine can, providing you have the OK from your CoC. If you're a **** hot Marine and your MOS can afford to let you try out, then you're good to go. The indoc is meant to weed out Marines who just can't handle the training. With the ridiculous attrition rate the indoc has, it works.

It's commendable to want to be in the "cream of the crop" as you put it, but a **** hot Marine who is a PT stud, is gonna be just that no matter what his MOS is.

I am active. Im sorry if i got the wording wrong. I do not know my exact MOS. My Job is just in the "Intelligence" field. Excuse me. Sorry =\
    No reason to aplogize, i wasnt trying to attack you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Because the Marine Corps tends to attract a lot of gung ho, adventerous young dudes. I myself want infantry and always have. I wouldn't pick any other job over it, or some other infantry related job.

And hey, it's better this, because someone's gotta do it, so it's better to have people join and pick it than people join and be forced into it

@ScarSniper: dude, you called her "bro" haha

I know man, at first u just make a stupid assumption that you're talking to some dude. lol. But i've long since learned she was a young lady. I looked on her profile..

She didn't alwasy have the picture up. lol

Thread Information