Deciding on an MOS
Create Post

Deciding on an MOS

Okay, so I have already decided I want to become a Marine and I know that I should focus on becoming a Marine first and foremost. However, I just want to have an idea of what I want to do. For me, it is between artillery and aviation ordnance. Any pros and cons of each job field? Maybe someone who has experience in one of them? I heard artillery is hard work but also fun while I also hear mixed things about aviation ordnance. Just would like someone with first hand experience or something.

Thanks

Alright I don't have first hand experience, but I worked with arty. Real question.. Do you want to be in the field and get dirty or do you want to be in the wing. 2 different worlds. Both can be fun and both are essential to accomplishing the mission.

I would like to be in the field. As of today in 2010, is arty actually doing what they were trained to do or are they still preforming infantry type duty in Iraq and Afghanistan? I'm not worried about it. I am just wondering.

Back in feb. We had an arty battalion in support of us (3/10 I think). They didn't have many fire missons due to all the stupid ROEs that were set in place. After the push I couldn't tell you what they did or if they had their own AO and patroled and sh*t.

Both. It depends on the unit and your mission. Arty will be field. The wing well... It's the wing. But every Marine is a rifleman so You might be told to do grunt things. Jus nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookie22 View Post
    But every Marine is a rifleman.
    LOL

Well its kinda true... lol. Not evveryone gets to do patrols and stuff though. Hey Backhaus 3/6 Just returned right? You guys did a h3l! of a job out there. Now its my turn.

A retarded monkey could do my job...and probably better, it wouldn't b*tch as much. All I do is walk around until I get shot at, then go for a swim and stand in a box for 12 hours at a time thinking of ways how not to kill myself. Ra..the Marine Corps has made me so crative.

Well Fml. I knew patrols and post would suck. Didn't enjoy viper but I thought in counter it'd be better. Oh well past the point of no return. Time to find out how far creativity will get me lol

Thread Information