Weird MEPS experiences
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weird MEPS experiences

So, right when I got to the hotel we were told what not to do which included not hanging out with the ladies there. Of course two idiots got in trouble for that like two hours later. Later that night I went to sleep without a roomate and woke up at 4:45 to shower and I look over and there is this fat navy kid sleeping in the bed next to me...wtf. I asked him and he got there at like 2:00AM. He ended up being 1% over his body fat and had to lose weight and come back in September. The second time I went our shower did not work and there was another fat navy kid >.<. Did anybody else have weird stuff happen to them at MEPS?

I had a fellow poolee as a roommate

I had the room to myself both times I was at the MEPS hotel. The second time I ran into three guys who were going to MEPS in the morning (Navy, Army, and Marines) and we ended up running on the treadmills most of the night and having a push-up contest.

Quote Originally Posted by JMcWillis View Post
    I had a fellow poolee as a roommate
    Yeah same here. And im shipping with other poolee I enlisted with

I always got stuck with a future member of another branch.....they were always trying to "convince" me that Marine boot camp wasn't any tougher than theirs.

I've been by myself both times, though the hotel rooms are for 1 person only. Grumpy old man wakes you up at like 4 am though, he was pretty hilarious. (if you have been to the Pittsburgh MEPS and had to stay the night, you should remember this guy)

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    free breakfast was awesome. i havent ate a real breakfast in years

I went three times. Two out of my three roommates were here on a Green Card. I thought it was strange that 2 out of 3 times I would end up sharing a room with someone who was a non-US citizen. I mean, what were the odds?

Oh, and the one time that my roommate was a US citizen, I ended up befriending a South American kid (Guatemalan I think?) who was there the whole day with me so he could join the Army as a mechanic and fast track his citizenship application.

The two roommates were Columbian and Indian for those of you who need to know.

Oh, I forgot..The last part of medical was the ear check. I guess I had earwax buildup in both ears so I went to the hospital where they basically put a super soaker in my ear and blasted it out. I come back to find out the doctor went on vacation. My recruiter was like, "Are you F**king kidding me? We are going to lose this war over earwax?!"

During the drug test some kids **** overfilled the cup and he didnt move until the Army sergeant told him too. Not too weird but I thought it was funny

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    oh the peeing part was funny XD
    have to pee at the same time and the workers there kept giving us water. most of us were holding our pee for atleast 15min and they still kept making us drink water. then the one taking our blood test was talking so fast you cant understand anything

I've been to MEPS over 5 times, the hotel is fun, great experiences. Food is great. I remember one time myself and some other dudes from MEPS were outside in the parking lot, chasing this cat up and down, trying to "snipe" it. Good times. lol

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeBogenrief View Post
    Oh, I forgot..The last part of medical was the ear check. I guess I had earwax buildup in both ears so I went to the hospital where they basically put a super soaker in my ear and blasted it out. I come back to find out the doctor went on vacation. My recruiter was like, "Are you F**king kidding me? We are going to lose this war over earwax?!"
    I also had the earwax issue... They dsaid the couldnt see my eardrums so I had to go get my ears flushed and go mack the next week to swear in and get my contract.

The first time I went down to the hotel I had like a 40 something year old woman as a roommate....Army will take anything they can get I suppose! And the second time, my roommate left the room after curfew and came back with a ton of people, and when I woke up in the middle of the night I listened to her talk to someone in jail for foreverrrrr. It was....an experience you could say. lol

Quote Originally Posted by emayer View Post
    I also had the earwax issue... They dsaid the couldnt see my eardrums so I had to go get my ears flushed and go mack the next week to swear in and get my contract.
    Yeah, it's pretty gross isnt it?

Thread Information